Motorcycle Detailing

Chubbs

Hi Folks

You may or may not be aware I run a detailing business, based in Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, namely Auto Brilliance.  As part of the business expansion for 2017 I'd love to see more two wheelers coming through the doors.  As an ex-biker I fully understand and appreciate the care and attention our bikes receive and how we love to show them off at the numerous social events throughout the year.

With this in mind, I'd love to hear from you if you have a bike, or know someone who has, who would like me to work my magic to keep your bike looking its absolute best this year.  I'd love to work on any bike, irrespective of make, model or use.

If interested, please contact me via PM or via all the contact details listed  on the Entrepreneur page of this site (Auto Brilliance).

Thanks for looking and I look forward to chatting soon!

Regards

David

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fabiamk2SE said:

Sounds brill! 

Only just over the hill from me too, im in Buxton. 

Will certainly bare you in mind. Thanks for the post! (: 

Thats great, thank you! Out of interest what's your ride?

11 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

Thats great, thank you! Out of interest what's your ride?

Not long bought an MT09 Tracer mate. 

Problem is, its brand new so not too much detailing to be done just yet. 

Its been coated in dodo juice supernatural n that though. 

IMG_3408.JPG

• Like 1

Pointless trying to talk Fab's into letting you detail his bike, he's already spent more time polishing than riding it - pretty much like the rest of us over the winter. 

David, have you thought about offering ACF50 application as part of your detailing services? Quite a few bikers are unsure on how to apply it properly, using a compressor you can do a thorough job that will keep their bikes protected during the winter.  

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, CWARD said:

Pointless trying to talk Fab's into letting you detail his bike, he's already spent more time polishing than riding it - pretty much like the rest of us over the winter. 

David, have you thought about offering ACF50 application as part of your detailing services? Quite a few bikers are unsure on how to apply it properly, using a compressor you can do a thorough job that will keep their bikes protected during the winter.  

Cant argue with that, this time of year :D  

Might be more useful to know for the car though tbh. 

Yes i agree on the ACF50 application. That is a service well worth offering imo! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fabiamk2SE said:

Not long bought an MT09 Tracer mate. 

Problem is, its brand new so not too much detailing to be done just yet. 

Its been coated in dodo juice supernatural n that though. 

IMG_3408.JPG

Great looking machine n glad you've got some decent protection on.....perfect time to sort the protection when new! 

Do do you use that waxfor the whole bike or different products for the wheels n non painted plastics, exhaust, engine casing etc?

1 hour ago, CWARD said:

I get it....I had the bug n used to love stepping mine back, full clean, degrease n polish.....aaah, the good old days prior to family!!

Thats a great tip on the ACF50, thanks! I'll certainly look into this....never too many strings to your bow!!

55 minutes ago, fabiamk2SE said:

Cant argue with that, this time of year :D  

Might be more useful to know for the car though tbh. 

Yes i agree on the ACF50 application. That is a service well worth offering imo! 

Was also thinking of ceramic coatings for the bikes, more protection, easier to clean once applied n great glossy finish to ALL surfaces!

Looking at the ACF50 it looks a great product, perfect for bike protection during the winter months....or all year round if you're not s fair weather biker. 

Nevee used it but from quick research seems simple to apply....what seems to be the difficulty?

You can use in everything bar the brakes.

16 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

Looking at the ACF50 it looks a great product, perfect for bike protection during the winter months....or all year round if you're not s fair weather biker. 

Nevee used it but from quick research seems simple to apply....what seems to be the difficulty?

You can use in everything bar the brakes.

It isnt difficult, it just depends how good of a result you can get. 

To get it to properly coat the bike it needs to be warmed up so it atomises better and a compressor used for application. 

People will and do pay for a proper professional job. It then looks after their bike so its just as it was when its washed off (:

combine this with ceramic coatings on the shiny bits n id say you're onto a winner...

oh and avoid the tyres with it too. Unless they dont pay up, in which case, thatll teach em a lesson :D  

Edited by fabiamk2SE
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

Great looking machine n glad you've got some decent protection on.....perfect time to sort the protection when new! 

Do do you use that waxfor the whole bike or different products for the wheels n non painted plastics, exhaust, engine casing etc?

Mostly just the shiny bits n plastics tbh. 

A proper professional seal n a good going over with the right products is whats always needed n i reckon what people will pay for too. I would. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fabiamk2SE said:

Mostly just the shiny bits n plastics tbh. 

A proper professional seal n a good going over with the right products is whats always needed n i reckon what people will pay for too. I would. 

That makes sense. I think you're right, a decent ceramic would be the way forward....keep the front end easier to clean with the summer bugs n both wheels easier to freshen from brake dust n chain lube too! Would give a great overall finish. 

Id be grateful to hear from anyone who'd appreciate this. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, punyXpress said:

Hi David

Have a look at All Year Bikers website

There seems to be a gap in the coverage where you are.

Regarding doing our bikes, how do you fancy a challenge? ;)

Thank you so much! I'll look at the site to gain further insight.

A challenge...! I'm always up for a challenge, keeps you on your toes!! 

What you looking at specifically? 

Regards

David

With ACF50 most people do not do a proper job as it soon gets messy especially if it's cold. As Fab's said the warmer the better to get a fine mist coating. I use a compressor but it is still messy if you do it in a cold garage, like I did at the weekend. To do a proper job you need to remove the plastics and maybe the tank to get it everywhere. Some people are not confident in doing this or too lazy and rather some else do it.

I've used the stuff for years, any new bits for the bike usually end up with a coating on them but even items that are already corroded can be revived by applying it i.e nuts and bolts. Most impressive application was on my old Mondeo that had diamond cut wheels. Like most the lacquer bubbled and the corrosion started. I thought I'd have a go at polishing them up and made a good job of it but then realised the lacquer wouldn't stick to it so had no protection. I used ACF50 instead and they still looked good two years later when I sold it. The only downside is it attracts dirt too but is still washed off leaving the ACF50 behind. I had previously used FS365 but it didn't compete and required reapplying during the year.

Is the ceramic coating safe to use on unpainted plastics? I could certainly see the benefit on those areas that we all hate cleaning; wheels, swingarms etc.

• Like 1

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 23:07, fabiamk2SE said:

Sounds brill! 

Only just over the hill from me too, im in Buxton. 

Will certainly bare you in mind. Thanks for the post! (: 

You'll have to ride it first Ollie rather than just keep it in the garage.....

• Like 1

Just now, fabiamk2SE said:

Agreed mate. 

Hopefully those pesky gritters stop rolling around soon! The enemy! 

You need some ACF50 on it, chemically reacts with salt to neutralise its corrosive effects!!! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CWARD said:

With ACF50 most people do not do a proper job as it soon gets messy especially if it's cold. As Fab's said the warmer the better to get a fine mist coating. I use a compressor but it is still messy if you do it in a cold garage, like I did at the weekend. To do a proper job you need to remove the plastics and maybe the tank to get it everywhere. Some people are not confident in doing this or too lazy and rather some else do it.

I've used the stuff for years, any new bits for the bike usually end up with a coating on them but even items that are already corroded can be revived by applying it i.e nuts and bolts. Most impressive application was on my old Mondeo that had diamond cut wheels. Like most the lacquer bubbled and the corrosion started. I thought I'd have a go at polishing them up and made a good job of it but then realised the lacquer wouldn't stick to it so had no protection. I used ACF50 instead and they still looked good two years later when I sold it. The only downside is it attracts dirt too but is still washed off leaving the ACF50 behind. I had previously used FS365 but it didn't compete and required reapplying during the year.

Is the ceramic coating safe to use on unpainted plastics? I could certainly see the benefit on those areas that we all hate cleaning; wheels, swingarms etc.

Sounds the perfect product fir all year use or winter storage. Many thanks for the info. 

You can apply a ceramic coating to any surface or material so long as it doesn't move or flex as the coating would just crack, split n come away.

Ive applied coatings to black plastic wing mirror surrounds n window rubbers in cars to great effect!

Id be interested to see how you apply your ACF50.

All the best

David

I've tried both ACF50 and FS365 and personally I prefer FS365. ACF50 only needs applying a couple of times a year but the crud sticks to it so your bike always looks dirty and it makes a mess of any MF cloths you use to clean the bike. To remove it you also need tt use something like SDoc1000 which itself is expensive. FS365 on the other hand is easier to apply and the crud doesn't stick to it so much as it's just a light oil rather than a gloopy coating. You do need to reapply it every time you clean your bike but that only takes a few minutes extra, but on the plus side it doesn't mess your cleaning kit up. For someone riding every day in winter or can't be arsed to clean their bike ACF50 is probably better, but I don't even ride every week at this time of year and I like my bike to look clean all year round. Each to their own though:)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, fabiamk2SE said:

I know mate.. :D:D

Not half as uncorrosive as not see'ing the stuff in the first place though ;) haha. 

Very true! A protective layer of something in place would provide a little insurance if caught out on longer runs.

Waxing is great but the plastics n tank are unlikely to degrade....a product for the wheels, swinging arm, frame etc would be beneficial too.

All the best

David

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, littleade said:

I've tried both ACF50 and FS365 and personally I prefer FS365. ACF50 only needs applying a couple of times a year but the crud sticks to it so your bike always looks dirty and it makes a mess of any MF cloths you use to clean the bike. To remove it you also need tt use something like SDoc1000 which itself is expensive. FS365 on the other hand is easier to apply and the crud doesn't stick to it so much as it's just a light oil rather than a gloopy coating. You do need to reapply it every time you clean your bike but that only takes a few minutes extra, but on the plus side it doesn't mess your cleaning kit up. For someone riding every day in winter or can't be arsed to clean their bike ACF50 is probably better, but I don't even ride every week at this time of year and I like my bike to look clean all year round. Each to their own though:)

I agree mate. 

Maybe a proper coating of ACF50 on the things you cant get to is the ideal... then FS365 on the things you regularly clean. Atleast then the hard to reach parts are sorted and it doesnt matter what they look like anyway. 

Somewhere in the middle.. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, littleade said:

Ill certainly look into FS365 too, it'll provide more customer options, thanks!

• Like 1