Variable Boot Floor

cal1470

Probably not too much help for your Citigo, but the pre-facelift Octavia rear seats are slightly tilted up at the front edge - caused by the base seat cushions. They do tend to squash down when some weight is put on the folded seats. 

• Like 1

cheers warrior193 but your right, no help lol but thank you......citigo seats do fold quite flat in fairness, just never seen one with the boot floor conversion and seats folded.

Edited by cal1470

I'd get a pic of mine but the back seats are full of stuff and it'll be dark when I get home. The floor is level with the seats now and it does make an almost flat floor. In the absence of a photo from any of us, will this help?

%5BURL=http://s750.photobucket.com/user/Sylvester1994/media/78932273-F734-4B53-B4AA-E6B163CEFEB3_zpsslab2pqj.jpeg.html%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx148/Sylvester1994/78932273-F734-4B53-B4AA-E6B163CEFEB3_zpsslab2pqj.jpeg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D

Edited by SashaGrace

1 minute ago, SashaGrace said:

I'd get a pic of mine but the back seats are full of stuff and it'll be dark when I get home. The floor is level with the seats now and it does make an almost flat floor. In the absence of a photo from any of us, will this help?

%5BURL=http://s750.photobucket.com/user/Sylvester1994/media/78932273-F734-4B53-B4AA-E6B163CEFEB3_zpsslab2pqj.jpeg.html%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx148/Sylvester1994/78932273-F734-4B53-B4AA-E6B163CEFEB3_zpsslab2pqj.jpeg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D

nope as link not working lol

78932273-F734-4B53-B4AA-E6B163CEFEB3_zps

Fixed it now!! Pressed go before I had sorted it.

Perfect Thank you!.....exactly what I hoped it would do and make the floor/seats level....best I get ordering!...Not even got the car yet lol

• Like 1

It is a really handy feature and worth getting during the order. £65 to add on or it's £122 from the parts department after the build! My car was a demo and didn't have it in so I had to pay the extra :)

Yeah mine already built so gonna have to swallow the £122.....also want the wheel arch boot carpet thingys......just think they make the boot look more up-market....if you get me!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cal1470 said:

Yeah mine already built so gonna have to swallow the £122.....also want the wheel arch boot carpet thingys......just think they make the boot look more up-market....if you get me!

The extra carpets come from Germany

He also sells the floor upgrade

I ordered both on the weekend - £137 delivered for the both.

Just the carpets with delivery are about £45 - so that means you get the floor for about £92 - instead of the £125 in UK dealers.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 16:52, SashaGrace said:

It is a really handy feature and worth getting during the order. £65 to add on or it's £122 from the parts department after the build! My car was a demo and didn't have it in so I had to pay the extra :)

Is that really how much the variable floor and plastic side fixings are? £122?

I'd seen another thread, which admittedly was from a couple of years ago, listing the parts required (plus bolts) and with VAT it appeared to come to ~£90?

I don't suppose anyone knows the difference between the current shelf / platform part number 1S0858855E1BS and the original part number that VW assigned to this part, 1S0858855D1BS?

Is there a difference??

I can not say for sure - but in general - any small change in the part, materials or supplier would mean a change in the part number issue level.

So it could be a dimensional change, a material change, a colour change, a fabric change - or just a different supplier.

But the E version is what is now available at dealers.

ok, thanks. Well, I've picked up a second hand (excellent condition) "D" version over the weekend, in anticipation of the arrival of my Monte Carlo in a couple of weeks.

Paid £50 for it, so hope it fits. I just need to buy the plastic sidings, and screws now.

1 hour ago, Sko_Go said:

ok, thanks. Well, I've picked up a second hand (excellent condition) "D" version over the weekend, in anticipation of the arrival of my Monte Carlo in a couple of weeks.

Paid £50 for it, so hope it fits. I just need to buy the plastic sidings, and screws now.

Where did you find that if you don't mind me asking? I'm wanting a variable boot floor without paying too much..   

19 minutes ago, Jonny118118 said:

Where did you find that if you don't mind me asking? I'm wanting a variable boot floor without paying too much..   

There is 2 on ebay - but without brackets and screws - but unless you live close to them then you may as well purchase from Germany by the time you buy the brackets and screws.

3 hours ago, Jonny118118 said:

eBay. I dropped lucky on a "collection only" which was only a few miles from me :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SimonAudi said:

There is 2 on ebay - but without brackets and screws - but unless you live close to them then you may as well purchase from Germany by the time you buy the brackets and screws.

Not sure I follow this...

Second shelf for £50-60 (new price ~£99)...

Each (new) side bracket is £11.86 INC VAT (I have just checked with my local VAG dealer) - x2 are needed

Each (new) socket bolt is £1.02 (apparently x6 are required)

This would total £89.84, assuming you paid £60 for a second hand shelf.

Are you suggesting it's cheaper to buy all of this from Germany?

• Like 1