citigo interior bulbs to LED

psion121

I have tried searching - I have a 2017 Citigo Monte Carlo and I am about to order new Leds to replace the interior bulbs.  Has anyone done it?  Can can anyone suggest a place to get CANBUS friendly LED (if they are needed)? 

CANBUS aren't needed for bulb warning etc..... But i found that none CANBUS LEDs remained constantly lit very slightly instead of being off altogether. I got CANBUS bulbs and they go off as they should.

I just got mine from ebay although i fitted the replacement interior light so needed the normal single festoon LED along with two w5w LEDs for the map lights.

23 hours ago, WaveyDavey said:

CANBUS aren't needed for bulb warning etc..... But i found that none CANBUS LEDs remained constantly lit very slightly instead of being off altogether. I got CANBUS bulbs and they go off as they should.

I just got mine from ebay although i fitted the replacement interior light so needed the normal single festoon LED along with two w5w LEDs for the map lights.

I've swapped my interior light out for the one with the two reading lights in addition to the main bulb.

Could you suggest the bulb types I need to look for on ebay to replace the current ones for LED?

5 hours ago, ohnoes said:

I've swapped my interior light out for the one with the two reading lights in addition to the main bulb.

Could you suggest the bulb types I need to look for on ebay to replace the current ones for LED?

As I mentioned above with the three light unit you'll need a festoon canbus LED (can't remember the size off hand but you can check your existing bulb for the size) and two w5w canbus LED bulbs that have diodes on the end rather than, or as well as, the sides. 

I bought something roughly like these.....

5919611E-F380-4565-87B2-24EB50EAFB39-1555-00000126F1D05AA6_tmp.png

C59C4FB1-063B-4633-ABE0-415CA5D501F0-1555-00000127514C53C6_tmp.png

On 2/14/2017 at 11:12, WaveyDavey said:

Could have been the bulb was the wrong size, I had this problem too, turned out I had put the wrong bulb size in

1 hour ago, Hyphons said:

Could have been the bulb was the wrong size, I had this problem too, turned out I had put the wrong bulb size in

It was with all three (1x festoon and 2x w5w) 

Will get a photo soon.

In terms of what I bought (bear in mind I have swapped the Citigo interior light for one from a Skoda Fabia Mk2) - it has the dome light and a map light either side.

Bulbs purchased were as follows:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201687385419?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&var=501443001101&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT (42MM)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370834202219?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT (This listing was for a pair of bulbs)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

just fitted the above mentioned canbus festoon bulbs in mine (42mm) and they remain on when they should be off ,and after a while start to flicker quite rapidly . Any ideas ?

ok just been out to have look and take a pic 

So pic 1 is after unlocking car , nice and bright 

pic 2 is with car locked 

and pic 3 is with interior light switched on manually ,which is no where near as bright as it should be .

confused !

IMG_1863.jpg

IMG_1865.jpg

IMG_1866.jpg