How to: Fit Autolights MK2 Fabia

hutchysrs50

Costs around £80 total with the correct switch, takes about 30 - 45 minutes.

To start with, this is the kit you will need. I used a Skoda Yeti light switch (part number 5L0 942 431 E)

IMG_1928.jpg

First job is to remove the end trim to give access to the wires

IMG_1926.jpg

then remove the headlight switch. With it in the off position push it in and apply pressure while switching to side lights, when it stops keep the pressure to the right and pull and it should slide out.

IMG_1927.jpg

Feed the new module up the back of the dash, there's plenty of room but i just bend the end plate slightly to make things a million times easier 

IMG_1932.jpg

The old headlight plug goes straight into the new module 

IMG_1933.jpg

I used a cable tie to put down the back/side of the dash to help get the light sensor up to behind the windscreen.

IMG_1935.jpg

And in place tucked out the way, all the wire can be hidden out the way. Since the dash is curved you can't see the sensor from inside or out the car. I've left the wires to show how I've fitted it, they are hidden now.

IMG_1937.jpg

Then plug the new sensor into the module.

IMG_1938.jpg

Push the light switch back into place with the wires tucked behind the dash. I used two cable ties to hold the module in place to stop any rattling.

IMG_1939.jpg

Put the trims back on and enjoy the light switch :)

IMG_1950.jpg

Edited by hutchysrs50

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 14/02/2017 at 21:05, hutchysrs50 said:

Costs around £80 total with the correct switch, takes about 30 - 45 minutes.

To start with, this is the kit you will need. I used a Skoda Yeti light switch (part number 5L0 942 431 E)

IMG_1928.jpg

First job is to remove the end trim to give access to the wires

IMG_1926.jpg

then remove the headlight switch. With it in the off position push it in and apply pressure while switching to side lights, when it stops keep the pressure to the right and pull and it should slide out.

IMG_1927.jpg

Feed the new module up the back of the dash, there's plenty of room but i just bend the end plate slightly to make things a million times easier 

IMG_1932.jpg

The old headlight plug goes straight into the new module 

IMG_1933.jpg

I used a cable tie to put down the back/side of the dash to help get the light sensor up to behind the windscreen.

IMG_1935.jpg

And in place tucked out the way, all the wire can be hidden out the way. Since the dash is curved you can't see the sensor from inside or out the car. I've left the wires to show how I've fitted it, they are hidden now.

IMG_1937.jpg

Then plug the new sensor into the module.

IMG_1938.jpg

Push the light switch back into place with the wires tucked behind the dash. I used two cable ties to hold the module in place to stop any rattling.

IMG_1939.jpg

Put the trims back on and enjoy the light switch :)

IMG_1950.jpg

Is this part number for the module and switch ?

thanks.