Returning to the Skoda family

amwphotos

Hi everyone/anyone!

I'm back owning a Skoda again after many years, and it's nice to be back! Briskoda is a mine of information, and has a great community vibe.

I learnt to drive in an Estelle 120, it was a great little car and taught me a few things!

My second car was a J reg Favorit 1.3 hatchback, it even had alloys and a rear spoiler!

Third was a Felicia 1.6i, to be honest a bit of a disappointment reliability wise.

Then I moved over to a 2001 Renault Megane 1.9dci, which now my girlfriend has, 195,000 miles!

Now though I'm back in a Skoda. I've wanted an Octavia ever since they were introduced and was super excited to pick up my 2014 Octavia estate 2.0tdi elegance just over a week ago, with less than 15,000 miles on it. I've cracked up a couple of hundred miles in it already and I just smile a lot! Comfortable, loads of space, plenty of go and 55mpg easily. Looking forward to many years of adventures!

• Like 2

I have just put a deposit on a nearly new Octavia SE after a traumatic 2 years with an unreliable Polo. Having test drove a Golf last year and an Octavia today, why anyone would spend the extra on a Golf is beyond me......

• Like 1

Have to admit I was back at the dealer's today. They had to repair the boot seat release and a headlight washer. Somewhere on the way home the little diamond headlight washer cover fell off too... grrr.