Switch illumination

Crabman66

Hi all,

I am just getting used to my 'New' 2014 Elegance Greentech and have noticed that the switches on the doors - windows, mirrors and locking switches and also the headlight adjuster do not illuminate when the headlights are on. It is the first car I have had where they don't. 

Should they illuminate, or is this a fault?

3 hours ago, ronime said:

Not down to efficiencies of fuel economy or performance and more to do with profit margins I suspect.

I mean, I have heated seats, air con, electric door mirrors, leather steering wheel, sat nav and Bluetooth but no lamps in my window switches or strings on my parcel shelf. 

Oh, and my engine is one cylinder short of a full block. :D

Edited by ronime
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, ronime said:

I mean, I have heated seats, air con, electric door mirrors, leather steering wheel, sat nav and Bluetooth but no lamps in my window switches or strings on my parcel shelf. 

Oh, and my engine is one cylinder short of a full block. :D

Parcel shelf strings have been standard for a year or so now. Ours has them. 

6 hours ago, WaveyDavey said:

Parcel shelf strings have been standard for a year or so now. Ours has them. 

You forgot to remind me that I don't have a passenger window switch on the driver's side either ... :)

3 hours ago, ronime said:

You forgot to remind me that I don't have a passenger window switch on the driver's side either ... :)

And only 2 speakers....

and no rear wheel arch splash guards!!  Apart from that, they are not that bad really!!

Well you will all buy poverty spec models..... :D

Ours came with window switches for both windows and more than two speakers.......

Edited by WaveyDavey
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, WaveyDavey said:

Well you will all buy poverty spec models..... :D

Ours came with window switches for both windows and more than two speakers.......

"Poverty spec" - LOL! These are Elegance models. You can't couldn't get any higher!

Maybe "vintage models" is a better description? I can't seem to locate the starting handle in the toolkit in the boot and where exactly do I pour in the carbide in the headlamps? :)

2 hours ago, ronime said:

"Poverty spec" - LOL! These are Elegance models. You can't couldn't get any higher!

Maybe "vintage models" is a better description? I can't seem to locate the starting handle in the toolkit in the boot and where exactly do I pour in the carbide in the headlamps? :)

You only missed out on all these standard features by a couple of months. They were all standard from the MY15 cars onwards (Cars built from summer 2014 onwards)  ;)

1 hour ago, WaveyDavey said:

You only missed out on all these standard features by a couple of months. They were all standard from the MY15 cars onwards (Cars built from summer 2014 onwards)  ;)

Mine was first registered 17/11/2014 so possibly old stock built early 2014.

Maybe there is an online VAG VIN decoder that can tell me the production date?

OK, so I found a VIN decoder that claims that the production date was 24/06/2014 and that the model year is 2015.??? :wondering:

Edited by ronime

A June 2014 manufacture date is a little too early for a MY15 car. Ours was built June 2016 and is a MY16 car... It wasn't registered till we bought it in September though. I believe the new year models are usually built from around late July early August each year at the earliest. 

If it was a MY15 car you'd have had the things you mention like window switch and parcel shelf strings. ;)

My only Citigo woe so far is the lack of electric mirrors on the MC. You get them on the SE-L which costs less?? Otherwise the heated seats would have been nice as I do miss them a little from the previous 2 cars but I'd have had to wait for an SE-L, and spec black wheels and tints, then remember to turn the start/stop off every time I used the car, and the MC has the nice body kit so still happy :)

• Like 2