Vacuum hose

Barnabasz1a

Hello , I have a 2007 roomster 1.9tdi  , you might recall that I have just had my engine replaced and I'm very pleased with it , but I have noticed a vacuum hose not connected to anything , it begins from a black box , top , driver's side of the bulk head , and travels along the to of the bulk head , on reaching the passenger side , it drops down for about five inches , fitting to nothing , does anyone have a schematic for them , I can only find one for the Octavia ?

On mine, on the passenger side it connects to both the air box and more importantly the tandem pump.

I say more importantly as the vacuum pump part of the tandem pump is what makes the vacuum for other systems to use.

So it would seem odd to not have the vacuum generator connected. Are your brakes normal ? I'm sure you would of noticed hard brakes had there been no vacuum for the brake servo.

The tandem pump is the silver unit bolted top right of the engine. The half nearer the engine is the fuel pump and pumps diesel into the cylinder head. The half on the end is the vacuum pump with the vacuum connection on the rear.

Without the tandem pump connection it would not be a vacuum pipe since that is where the vacuum is made.

This must be another pipe going across the bulkhead. I'm going to look again at my car. You would of noticed zero vacuum.

Edited by aubrey
Added last paragraph.

• 2 weeks later...