Suspension

Now I know this will have been covered numerous times but what parts of my suspension do I need to change/upgrade to lower my ride height?  

I'm only looking at 20mm to 30mm.  Looking to improve the look and handling of my car. 

Any links to members cars cars would be awesome to.

2 minutes ago, stu83 said:

Just springs really. Popular options are eibach Pro-Kit (I've just bought but not fitted yet) for a 20mm drop, or H&R for a 40mm drop, roughly.

Few threads recently about both, I've even started one :-)

Cheers stu83, will search for your post! 

Can I be cheeky, how much did you eibach pro-kit cost?

Wondered if I'd need to change my shocks too!?

8 minutes ago, stu83 said:

£144 delivered from demontweeks.

You shouldn't need to change your shocks if you're only dropping it a few centimetres.

Funnily enough I was reading your post before I posted my suspension post.  

Let me know how you get on when they're fitted!..

£144 delivered is cheaper than I thought.  Well up for that!  Know someone that could fit them for me without costing me an arm and a leg too..  mmm.. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On Sun Feb 19 2017 at 21:17, 64VRS said:

Funnily enough I was reading your post before I posted my suspension post.  

Let me know how you get on when they're fitted!..

£144 delivered is cheaper than I thought.  Well up for that!  Know someone that could fit them for me without costing me an arm and a leg too..  mmm.. 

Can u post pictures of the springs on the car?

I just bought (and returned) some H&S springs for my petrol vRS (mk3), part number is 28833-2. They got good reviews and didn't drop as much as Bilstein or Eibach, which is what I wanted.

2 hours ago, mabnz said:

I just bought (and returned) some H&S springs for my petrol vRS (mk3), part number is 28833-2. They got good reviews and didn't drop as much as Bilstein or Eibach, which is what I wanted.

do u have some pics with the springs in?

29 minutes ago, M12MKD said:

FYI...if you buy with demontweeks you can get an extra 10% off with a discount code.

I think the current one is NEWR17.

So has anyone any mods on their vrs? I get like a tingling metal sound when my car is idling.. not sure what it is

Edited by Sean9090

2 hours ago, Sean9090 said:

So has anyone any mods on their vrs? I get like a tingling metal sound when my car is idling.. not sure what it is

Your signature says vRS MK1. Is it actually a MK3 or MK1?