Fuel Lift Pump

Smudger89

Hi Folks,

I've just bought a nearly new 63 plate (66k miles) Octavia 2.0L TDI CR (150ps) Elegance Hatchback.

The lift pump sounded a bit noisy on start up, a constant whirring sound, which carried on for a few seconds after turning off the ignition before it shut down.

I thought I could live with this (as part of the deal) but it's starting to get to me as time goes on. It's not getting any worse, it's just that when I'm in a queue or lights it's annoying.

I had a quote from a Skoda garage of "about £320 fitted, including a seal".

With just buying the car things are tight pennies wise, any ideas?

What are the actual parts I need and is it a DIY possibility.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Changing the fuel pump is a very easy DIY Job , look up workshop manuals and have a look whole job takes about 15 mins no need to replace the seal reuse it , but make sure you have plenty of rags handy to soak with any spillage

parts need = one complete pump secondhand  around £50 from breakers maybe less if you haggle - welcome to the world of DIY