Ford Focus 2.0 TDCi Zetec S - OEM+ - SOLD

alex_e3

For Sale

2009 Ford Focus 2.0 TDCi Zetec S 136

Due to saving for a deposit for a house, I’m downsizing to a cheaper daily car. Otherwise I simply wouldn’t be putting this up for sale, as it’s been a fantastic daily car!

First off, this car is very rare and difficult to find in 3 door spec. When the previous owner was looking for the car, this was one of only 3 in the country available at the time. At the time of writing this, I can’t find another 3 door version of this car, and only a few 5 doors.

The car is basically the sports diesel flagship of the Mk2 Focus. It has a factory fitted bodykit and 18” alloys wheels as standard. Suspension is very closely related to the ST also. The result is a car that looks and handles very similarly to a Focus ST, but with low running costs!

In my ownership, I have mildly modified the car. The aim was to keep the car as a great daily and just improve a few things in an OEM+ fashion. I think I have achieved this, as the car is quiet and comfortable, but has slightly improved handling and far better looks. I do get a fair few comments about the car, which is always nice!

Modifications listed below:

• Front windows tinted professionally with a light smoke film.
  • Team Heko wind deflectors.
  • Standard alloy wheels professionally refurbished in anthracite, including new centre caps and wheel nuts.
  • Eibach -30mm springs fitted to standard shocks.
  • Front bonnet lip wrapped in gloss black.
  • Rear has been de-badged.
  • Pressed number plates.
  • Sound system upgraded including reversing camera.
  • Silver heater knob replacements.

General information

107k miles from new. Car is still in use, so this will rise slowly.

MOT until 09.2017. No advisories on previous test.

2 previous owners from new – I am the 3rd owner. The last owner was my Father, who had the car from 19k miles up until approx. 95k, when he sold it to me. Hence, I have known this car for most of its life.

In my Father’s ownership, the car did approx. 90% motorways miles (and the odd miles from me!).

In my ownership, I commute 40 miles a day in the week on mainly 40/50mph roads. Some motorway miles aside from that.

Car comes with a folder of receipts in chronological order.

2 fully functioning keys included.

Engine

2.0 TDCi engine. 136bhp, but has had the revised software from Ford when my Father owned the car (have receipt for this), and I’m convinced it’s more powerful as a result, but no dyno proof. Very smooth engine and easy to drive.

6 stamps in the service history booklet – 4 by Ford and 2 by a family trusted independent garage (I have used them in the past also).

No timing belt change required – the car has a maintenance free timing chain.

No noises from turbo or flywheel. Car comes on boost very smooth and clutch is judder and rattle free and clearly in excellent condition.

No excess smoke. Smokes a little bit briefly, when it hasn’t been opened up for a while (the norm for diesels).

Alternator belt replaced 10.02.17.

Thermostat (whole unit) replaced 12.02.17 and coolant topped up.

Has not used a drop of oil since its last service. Does not use coolant and there is no pressurisation of the system. Excellent engine!

Next service due around 07.2017.

Wheels / tyres / brakes

18” alloys just professionally refurbished in anthracite 12.2016. Not a mark on them!

New black wheel nuts and centre caps bought to match the wheels, including new black locking wheel nuts.

Wheels sealed regularly to make cleaning easy.

Front tyres – Continental Sport Contact 5: 5mm & 6mm of tread left.

Rear tyres – Michelin Pilot Sport 4: Both with 7.5mm of tread left. (I was planning on putting Michelin’s on the front also when they were needed – excellent tyres!)

Rear brake discs and pads replaced 09.2016.

Front discs and pads replaced on a previous service by Ford.

Brake fluid previously replaced by Ford.

Spare tyre in excellent condition.

Suspension

Eibach -30mm springs fitted to standard shock absorbers, just to bring the ride height to acceptable levels (original springs included in the sale). The car is extremely compliant with barely any difference in ride quality. When they were fitted, all suspension was checked for wear, of which there is none evident.

Recent geometry check using Hunter alignment system. Printout is in the folder of receipts.

Absolutely no knocks, bangs or strange noises!

In car entertainment / interior

I replaced the standard stereo with a Kenwood DDX4016BT when I bought the car. Features include Bluetooth telephone handsfree integration, iPod integration (iPod cable has been fed through to the glovebox), DVD player. (Standard stereo included in the sale)

Replacement facia panel to convert Focus unique shape to double-DIN. (Standard included in the sale)

Autoleads steering wheel remote adaptor. Full functionality.

Ford standard boot release button was also replaced with integrated reversing camera, which feeds to the stereo. Very handy!

Rear speakers replaced with Infinity Reference 6502ix coaxials. I did plan to do the fronts, but hadn’t got round to it yet.

I have also wired in a removable active subwoofer (not included in the sale). All the rear interior was removed and underneath cleaned, and all cables routed and insulated professionally by me. The amplifier wiring is neatly connected to a Vibe quick release plug. The other half of the plug will come with the car, should you wish to install similar quickly and easily.

Standard heater adjustment knobs replaced with silver circular replacements – look much nicer than the standard ones.

The interior is in excellent condition. Seats are unmarked. Seat belts retract quickly. Some mild age related marks on items such as the gearknob, but in general the condition is fantastic!

Being 100% honest, some elements on the heated front screen are not working, but this hasn’t bothered me.

New genuine Ford interior matt set.

Air conditioning – all functioning.

Factory dark tinted rear 3 windows.

Front windows tinted light smoke by a professional tinting company. Really blends in well with the rears, and they are not dark enough to cause issues with the law (in my experience!).

Bodywork

Car was recently machine polished to remove most of the swirls from the paintwork. Paintwork is sealed accordingly and topped up with Sonax quick detailer. It looks extremely well!

Rear ‘Ford’ and ‘Focus’ boot badges removed with no trace of where they’ve been. Creates a much nicer look on the rear of the car.

Chrome bonnet lip has been wrapped in 3M high quality gloss black wrap 19.02.17.

Due to mainly motorway miles, the car has the usual stone chips to be expected from a 107k miles car.

Some light marks on the bottom of the O/S side skirt (see picture), and small marks on driver’s sill when you open the door (see picture). Very tiny bit of rust at the bottom of the passenger door, from where someone opened it onto the curb - you can barely see it, but want to be completely transparent with any prospective buyer.

Being 100% honest, the paintwork looks fantastic but is not perfect. Some small marks here and there, but you’d have to be very picky for it to detract from the overall condition of the car!

All door, boot and bonnet shuts are kept clean and look great. Engine bay is also cleaned regularly and looks fantastic!

The car has been very well looked after by my Father, and extremely well looked after by me! I use the car mainly just to commute, and have a chilled drive to and from work (best part of my day!). I very infrequently open the car up to clean out the carbon from the engine, but I’m normally very happy just to sit comfortably and see the good MPG figures!

I will be very sad to see it go, as it is a very comfortable, reliable and generally easy car. I have however already bought a cheap run-around to get me to work for the time being.

£5250 O.N.O.

Now for some pictures!...

P2200345_zpsulfzcl4d.jpg

P2200339_zpstefipbxh.jpg

P2200315_zpsidpczj6k.jpg

P2200324_zpsybgqcnoe.jpg

P2200327_zpswtit8yht.jpg

P2200343_zpswau5x1nc.jpg

P2200352_zpsbcctwfgj.jpg

P2200354_zpsn27gictp.jpg

P2200332_zps1fufwq2k.jpg

P2200331_zpscrmhxqfv.jpg

P2200342_zpsvtuwkano.jpg

P2200311_zpsnk7ham9b.jpg

P2200292_zpsubq4bc9r.jpg

P2200335_zpsxahh6hme.jpg

P2200349_zpsqfo7jgbs.jpg

P2200290_zpstctrsb33.jpg

P2200291_zpstnbo3aps.jpg

P2200314_zps59otftlg.jpg

P2200313_zpsoverphhr.jpg

I have created a shared album with lots of pictures of the car in (~60)...

http://s51.photobucket.com/user/alexe3/library/Focus sale pics

Any questions, please get in touch!

Edited by alex_e3
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...