Superb 2016: The unlock button gets pressed inadvertently in my pocket

Harmajo1

Several times now I have found my 2016 Superb L&K estate car sitting on the drive with the windows half down or the boot wide open (it has electric opening and closing operation) even though I know that I have left everything closed and the car all locked up.  This is VERY worrying. I discovered eventually that the key buttons were getting pressed inadvertently in my pocket while I was in the ho (less than 30m away so in range). 

Previous cars I have owned have reduced the seriousness of this by the car relocking itself again if no one opens a door for 30 seconds. Is there a way to set this on the Superb?

If you have a 2016 Superb then it is probably a Superb Mk 3 and you might want to ask the question in that forum..? It is here: Superb Mk III - 2015 onwards

On the Superb Mk 2, at least without the keyless Kessy system, you can set the the car to automatically lock when driven off (locks at + 15 kph I think). I am not aware of being able to set a time for an auto lock to kick in. 

If you unlock the car and leave it for about 30 seconds without opening a door it will lock itself again. Holding down the boot release will open the boot, which won't close again. Holding the unlock button down will open all the windows (And sunroof), but that can be turned off in the Maxidot menu in the car. Holding in the lock button closes everything, and if you do it again the wing mirrors fold in. Hitting the lock button once whle unlocked locks and pressing it a second time disables the dead bolts, so the car doors can be opened from inside.

In your situation I'd take the keys out of my pocket and put them where the buttons can't be pressed if this happened to me regularly. Don't leave them by the door or obviously on show in the house though - fishing through the letter box to take the keys off hooks by the door or breaking into the house and stealing the keys are very common ways to steal cars thanks to immobilisers being too complex for run of the mill scumbags to work around.

I have my car keys in my pocket for most of the time I'm in the house. 

They're usually in my pocket by the time I've got from the car to the front door, so I don't think about fishing them out again to put them somewhere.

Mind you - I keep my car keys completely separate from all the other keys, so it's not like they're in my hand when I unlock the house. House keys go in the <not mentioning on public forum> once I come in.

Edited by Wet Kipper

I've often "squeezed" the key in my pocket and either locked or unlocked the car. Have never been able to open all 4 windows though.

If you're worried then just take the key out of your pocket. But you knew this.

On 21/02/2017 at 14:58, Harmajo1 said:

Several times now I have found my 2016 Superb L&K estate car sitting on the drive with the windows half down or the boot wide open (it has electric opening and closing operation) even though I know that I have left everything closed and the car all locked up.  This is VERY worrying. I discovered eventually that the key buttons were getting pressed inadvertently in my pocket while I was in the ho (less than 30m away so in range). 

Previous cars I have owned have reduced the seriousness of this by the car relocking itself again if no one opens a door for 30 seconds. Is there a way to set this on the Superb?

I had the same issue on my L&K I bought a case of eBay this fixed it for me. Trouble is it's only in red on eBay at he moment.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222300742684?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tjxkeith1 said:

I had the same issue on my L&K I bought a case of eBay this fixed it for me. Trouble is it's only in red on eBay at he moment.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222300742684?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Well, I'd say that would do the trick but the zip would be my problem. I'm bad enough remembering to do up the zip in front of my John Thomas - never mind remembering to zip up my feckin keys.....

14 hours ago, TheRobinK said:

Well, I'd say that would do the trick but the zip would be my problem. I'm bad enough remembering to do up the zip in front of my John Thomas - never mind remembering to zip up my feckin keys.....

I have had the case only for a week and have not had to open case. I do have keyless entry. 

While this looks like a very good solution, this case looks quite big. I have my Skoda key always hanging in my pocket (together with my other keys), and just make sure that the other keys are always on the backside of the Skoda key. I haven't had any unwanted window openings since. (But I'm still looking for a way to switch off this stupid opening of the windows by a long-press on the key)

10 hours ago, tjxkeith1 said:

I have had the case only for a week and have not had to open case. I do have keyless entry. 

Well, thats a previously undocumented plus of the kessy system - far less chance of being caught with your zip open.  ;)

6 hours ago, andrehj said:

(But I'm still looking for a way to switch off this stupid opening of the windows by a long-press on the key)

You can turn it off in maxidot.