I have a Fabia SEL 1.2 TSI DSG 65 reg and have had some really bad problems with the gearbox/clutch covered just over 10K miles and has been in the garage twice now with the same fault. 1st time for 3 weeks and now again so far a week but scheduled at least another week.

I have had a terrible jolt when setting off and loud thud sounding like the engine was going to drop out. 

I have had all the clutch replaced and now awaiting the mechtronics unit to be replaced.

I love the car, really pulls well sounds great in the cockpit and the engine effortlessly drives with no over working, sporty looking with 17" wheels in moon white too.

Has anyone else had problems with the new DSG box?

Edited by James777

No problems at all for me up to now.

Hopefully they'll sort it out properly for you asap and you can get back to some happy driving.

At least it's under warranty which is a good thing.

I had the same problem with my passat which was (eventually) cured by the mechatronics unit being changed, I have owned numerous cars with the DSG transmission and this was the only one that ever had a problem.

Hopefully yours will be OK.

Edited by Big Steve

Actually he has had the Clutch Packs replaced and now the MCU is being, 

so i would be looking for an Extended Warranty now beyond the Expiring of the Manufacturers 3 year warranty, 

or

A new replacement DSG.    

Skoda UK need to deal quickly finding what Quality Control or Component manufacturing issues have lead to failure in the Newest DQ200 DSG.

There is a recent 'Service Campaign' apparently on 7 speed DSG which follows on from the 'World Wide Recall', & European Service Campaign 

which was about changing Synthetic Oil for Mineral & a Software Update.

So the recent *2017* 'Recall Actions' should not be confused with the DQ200 2009-2014 'Recall Actions'.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/422718-rapid-recall-dsg 

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/423777-fabia-mk3-owners-with-a-dsg-should-maybe-check-this 

Here is another members thread.

Repairs were carried out.

**THIS BELOW IS ABOUT A  MK3 FABIA with DSG.**

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/419533-juddering-dsg-gearbox 

Edited by Awayoffski

Just thought I would let you all know that I have finally got my baby back. She drives like a dream now. It was confirmed the mechatronic unit had failed, also had a new clutch pack prior to that which didn't cure it.

Thanks for your feedback.

On another subject I had an Octavia 150 Diesel manual as my loan car, it was very punchy but....it just wasn't as exciting or interesting to drive.

So glad to have my nimble Fabia back!