warning PCP early termination

Looks like Skoda finance are now charging excess mileage when using this option.

Told on first call no other charges - phoned today and been told excess will be charged. find it difficult to believe change in two phone calls due to memo sent to staff.

Would like to know if any other members have experienced this change or position from Skoda fiancé. Have lodged a complaint.

It is and appreciate it is in the contract but to be told two answers looks odd.

Just a heads up if other members are looking at the option to confirm no charge for mileage as Skoda have just started to apply the clause.

Edited by randomskodaperson2

5 minutes ago, randomskodaperson2 said:

It is and appreciate it is in the contract but to be told two answers looks odd.

Just a heads up if other members are looking at the option to confirm no charge for mileage as Skoda have just started to apply the clause.

Excess mileage is not in my contract for voluntary termination. 

9 minutes ago, Rustynuts said:

I can't see why going over the allowed mileage would be something you'd expect not to be charged for. I presume it was stated in the T&C you signed when you took the car?

It is not in the terms and conditions for vt. only comes in to effect if you hand the car back at the end of the agreement. 

1 minute ago, tigermad said:

Excess mileage is not in my contract for voluntary termination. 

have a look at 11.4 . Daft thing is it says no early costs where you sign under Termination - Your rights then a few pages into the very long contract says excess mileage there but it hasn't been applied or probably when they fell like.

I work in a solicitor practice and have asked them to review if the original phone call stating no charge is a verbal contract to the next phone call back tracking.

Think this is me moving from Skoda and not going for the Superb under pch option.

1 minute ago, randomskodaperson2 said:

have a look at 11.4 . Daft thing is it says no early costs where you sign under Termination - Your rights then a few pages into the very long contract says excess mileage there but it hasn't been applied or probably when they fell like.

I work in a solicitor practice and have asked them to review if the original phone call stating no charge is a verbal contract to the next phone call back tracking.

Think this is me moving from Skoda and not going for the Superb under pch option.

The excess mileage is in a different section and nothing to do with early termination. This has been discussed here in length before. 

Just now, tigermad said:

The excess mileage is in a different section and nothing to do with early termination. This has been discussed here in length before. 

but Skoda seem to be using section 11.4 to charge for it now.

Any help would be appreciated and were is the other discussion please ? Many thanks

Just now, randomskodaperson2 said:

but Skoda seem to be using section 11.4 to charge for it now.

Any help would be appreciated and were is the other discussion please ? Many thanks

Section 11.4 is nothing to do with voluntary termination. The only section that is applicable is the termination section. Otherwise you might as well say all the sections relate to each other which is just plain stupid. 

s

3 minutes ago, tigermad said:

Out of interest did you speak with a man or woman the second time? I think there is a member of staff there that is giving out the incorrect information to people. 

spoke to two men and then manager also male  First said no extra to pay if the car goes to auction and sells for way under . Today another guy said excess will be charged and confirmed by line manager. Something to do with memo released in the middle of my two calls. Very odd that one.

Edited by randomskodaperson2

Maybe someone can phone them up without giving car details and ask why they are giving different info out to different people?

i have just read on another forum that they are doing this from 1st march onwards. I would understand if it was written in new contracts then it could be enforced but they can't just decide to add something that wasn't there to begin with. 

Edited by tigermad