Hey Felicia owners, please share on where your Felicia has rust or starting to rust, and what you are doing to prevent it or treat it. Add pictures if you'd like. Thank you.

Only severe rust on my '99 hatch is rear arches. Did grind one arch out and fill it with filler but looks like it's coming back. Did see some repair rear arches for £40 on eBay but I don't have the expertise to weld

It's such a shame they rust so easily, the reason for that is because their body panels were not dipped into zinc during production, and I think the later models only one side of the body panels were treated for rust protection, I have a 2001 and it's just now starting to rust on the wheel arches, im going to treat it once the weather gets better, and I've seen some Felicias that are so rusty it's not worth repairing.

• 3 weeks later...

My 1999 1.3lx rusted from the tailgate which i ended up buying a non rusted used one, under windscreen which i cut out rust and put fiberglass and sealer, and under the front fenders which i fiberglassed also

Well I have a 98 s reg petrol green 16v 83k well let's just say it's had a good wack it is younger years poor repairs have not helped rusty on rear archs and front end behind front panel... not rusty on the inner archs tho and tailgate has started to go but... unshore if it's original panels as it has been jigged out and it's had a bent axel for years.. axel sorted front end sorted just rear archs to weld in... still great fun to drive...

• 5 months later...
On 3/20/2017 at 23:09, uma1998 said:

Well I have a 98 s reg petrol green 16v 83k well let's just say it's had a good wack it is younger years poor repairs have not helped rusty on rear archs and front end behind front panel... not rusty on the inner archs tho and tailgate has started to go but... unshore if it's original panels as it has been jigged out and it's had a bent axel for years.. axel sorted front end sorted just rear archs to weld in... still great fun to drive...

That my old car?....where do you think it had been bumped (it wasn't in my time with it)? How did the bent axle come to light, did the tyres wear unevenly?  

• Confused 1

• 2 years later...