Fabia Monte Carlo Estate OEM+

Tyredcyclist

Time to start a project thread, lots of little bits done so far but many more to come.

Car: Fabia Monte Carlo Tech Estate 1.6tdi

Colour: Red

Original Equipment: Amundsen+ sat nav, Maxi dot, PDC

Planned Mods: Swap out Amundsen+ for version with DAB, MFSW, OPS, LED DRL, setting changes using VCDS or Carista, Rear Discs. 

So so to start with here's a pic from the day I got it.

IMG_3440.JPG

• Like 1

So the first thing I did was to get a few little bits from super skoda, my car was missing it's original rear triangle (not that I'm sure it came with one) So I filled that gap. My electric gate opener was rattling about so I got an ashtray as well. 

IMG_3522.JPG

IMG_3525.JPG

Edited by Tyredcyclist

On 28/02/2017 at 21:29, S27VEJ said:

A very cheap worth mod is the bulbs. Did mine a bit ago and you do tend to notice them when you see one with the originals in

You mean swapping for more powerful main beams? Yes that will be on the cards at some point as well as the DRL (waiting for the summer for that last one, I'll take off the fogs and dry them out at the same time).

So if you were following my thread in the main Fabia forum I had an issue with rear screen which the dealer sorted. I also had the bonnet resprayed at the same time to get all the stone chips sorted (there were many). Next job will be to change over the wiper arms for some less flakey ones.

IMG_3523.JPG

IMG_3524.JPG

Edited by Tyredcyclist

Okay so finally got round to doing the wiper arms this morning. Just needed a bit plusgas and a wiper arm puller. New ones are much less flakey than the old ones but quite faded because they are older, any idea how to brighten them up? Also any idea what to do with the old ones? Suppose someone could spray them up.

IMG_0199.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

Good choice of bike sir.....

I'm more of a roadie but my Genesis Equi Disc is my ride of choice. Just something that feels 'right' about it....

• 5 weeks later...

Not much done recently, took it in for its first service today and it came back with no horrible surprises but it's under warranty anyway. Found out my sealant is due to expire in a few months which Skoda want £67 for :o (I'm sure there are cheaper alternatives), luckily I'd intended to fit a Spare wheel anyway so if anyone has one they want to sell then please let me know.

On 3/30/2017 at 11:18, Tyredcyclist said:

Week off and the weathers been getting nice so on goes the bike rack.

IMG_0219.PNG

Have you got a link for them roof bars please.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ESS said:

Have you got a link for them roof bars please.

Sure just be aware though the t track only goes between the rails so it will limit what you can carry. 

http://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehsel4_tab.php/roofbars/whispbar_aero_x_rail_bars_1_x_s44b_1_x_s45b_black_s54b/Qx%40w%2C6M4gNax5vN1Yv0vegd3uH%40JlVUv2eP8Mb3Tz5KeBAp{4pkFYtY87}A7QW5L_