LED Headlamps

Dozz

Hi all

I am just putting together a specification for my Kodiaq order and would like to get your opinion on the LED headlamps.

It will be my first Skoda so I was just wondering if fellow members would recommend the LED upgrade or is it worth the additional money?

In Ireland it is possible to get this bundled with the Ambient lighting and additional interior lighting for around €1200.

With the black interior I though the ambient lighting might be a nice addition but its mainly the Headlights that I am considering.

Thanks in advance.

Dozz

30 minutes ago, Oykkh said:

I say go for the LED lights. One reason is the better look of the car but also much brighter and better lights. Here in sweden the LED is standard in the style trim.. 

Skoda Ireland have said the LED fronts are standard in Style Trim. Their pricelist and basic spec sheets doesn't say what the standard front lights  are on Active and Ambition Trims.  If it is only halogen then the LEDS will make a big difference. If they are bi-xenons, i wouldnt pay €1200 to upgrade from that to LED.....?

Edited by TheRobinK
Typos
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TheRobinK said:

Skoda Ireland have said the LED fronts are standard in Style Trim. Their pricelist and basic spec sheets doesn't say what the standard front lights  are on Active and Ambition Trims.  If it is only halogen then the LEDS will make a big difference. If they are bi-xenons, i wouldnt pay €1200 to upgrade from that to LED.....?

There is no bi-xenon lights for kodiaq. Only full Led or halogen 

Edited by Oykkh

• 3 weeks later...

Where in Ireland are you from, I'm up north.

ive gone for an SeL so led comes as standard, looking forward to them, only ever had halogen.

i still want to contact skoda uk and see if I can add on the ambient lighting to my order if. It too late 

Am down south.

Ordered a couple of weeks ago. They have a launch pack for the led lights and ambient lighting so I added that and a few other extras to an Ambition specification.

Probably would have gotten better value up north to be honest.

Hoping to drive a demo model this coming week

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dozz said:

Am down south.

Ordered a couple of weeks ago. They have a launch pack for the led lights and ambient lighting so I added that and a few other extras to an Ambition specification.

Probably would have gotten better value up north to be honest.

Hoping to drive a demo model this coming week

Where about a in the south, I'm in portadown 

Went to my local dealer in Dublin on Friday and took the 2.0 TDI 4x4 manual for a quick spin. 

Lovely car and really enjoyed the (short) ride. Handed well and was quiet. 

The model I tried was the Style trim with additional Style Pack ( which includes Pano Roof , electric boot and tablet holders in the back ) 

I'm currently on my 3rd Octy and the Kodiaq didn't feel that different. 

Driving position is obviously higher but it didn't feel like driving a tank. 

I was well impressed by all the onboard technology ( must say the Infotainement system looks great with the 8 inch screen ). 

I'm actually considering ordering one once the finance details get sorted. I'm not a alcantara fan so would be looking at full leather upgrade and the style pack. 

Having owned a Dark grey Octy, that would be an easy pick for the Kodiaq but I must say the Lava blue looks good ( in theory as I've only seen it on the Superb they had in the show room - it looked dark due to lack of direct sunlight , but I'm think it would look great with beige interior )