phone recommendation for a 10 year old!

VRS Mike

My son wants a phone for his Birthday! Not to call anyone but all his friends have them so he now wants one! 

Any recommendations on a SIM free, touch screen phone that would be good for games etc? Budget around £120 as I'm sure he will lose it at some point.

I've always just bought the latest iPhone when replacing mine so don't know what's what on the budget end.

Cheers

Don't get a bottom of the range Samsung. They may look like a smartphone but aren't.

I've just replaced my cr4p samsung with a Moto G3 5 inch. A seriously cheap mid-ranger, I think it's been updated to G4 5.5 inch now.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/motorola-moto-g-review

Quick Google shows G3 around £100 G4 around £120

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1

Something splashproof that you can get a decent case for, coz he will drop it lots. Probably down a toilet.

Plus if it's a common model (like the G3/4) you'll be able to pick difference covers for him nice and cheap.

• Like 1

If his friends have iPhones, then a refurbished 5c for free face time / I message.

We are all android in my house, except my 10 year old. She had a budget android for about 6 months and then bought a second hand iPhone with get own money 

• Like 1

Get them a Nokia 3310 the latest version only £49!

Not a smart phone as such but just a good reliable phone, has updated versions of the simple games. Probably not enough for the youth of today :(

Edited by Defenderben

8 hours ago, VRS Mike said:

My son wants a phone for his Birthday! Not to call anyone but all his friends have them so he now wants one! 

Any recommendations on a SIM free, touch screen phone that would be good for games etc? Budget around £120 as I'm sure he will lose it at some point.

I've always just bought the latest iPhone when replacing mine so don't know what's what on the budget end.

Cheers

Suggests:  http://www.preciouslittleone.com/product-information/119/40353/fisher-price-laugh-learn-smart-phone/?gclid=COLb1vKUsdICFQQz0wodyhIL1g

and takes shelter:ph34r: