Tyre Puncture from M25 Pothole

BlackMesaUK

Hi, I had a front driver side tyre puncture this morning after hitting a pothole on the M25.  Recovery (AutoAid) came and swapped the tyre out for my spare pretty quickly. :)

I have a dash cam which will have me hitting the pothole, me swearing, noise from the puncture and me pulling over and calling for recovery.  Once I check the footage and determine the exact location, I'll report it.

I'm wondering what peoples' thoughts are regarding compensation?  I know it's an uphill battle but seem to understand the process. What are peoples' own experiences? Is it best to get the suspension and axle checked and potentially try and claim for this cost also?  Thank you.

Have tried twice now to get compensation and each time it has been kicked into touch by the council. As they make the rules, enforce the rules and interpret them; they have a lot of get out clauses to hit us with. Took lots of photos and measured the hole and its location etc, etc, but unsuccessful twice. Only cost £85 for a tyre each time so not too concerned. Try it but don't be surprised if they come up with all sorts of reasons not to pay out.

You've got to prove they didn't meet their obligations. So if they won't fold to start with and FOI for the inspection standards, inspection records for that section of road, and any reports of potholes previously.

Probably an agency that maintains the M25 and they might not be subject to FOI

• Like 1