Octavia VRS CR170 overheatng

Hi Everyone,

I have recently started having a problem with the coolant temperature starting to climb after driving for a while. On the motorway the other day it got high enough that the warning alarm started sounding. I had to slow down to 50 to keep it in check. As the engine was under increased load due to hills etc the temperature would start to climb again. Since then it has started happening whilst driving around town also.

The water pump is new, so unless the part is defective that can be ruled out as the cause. Has anyone else had this issue? If so please let me know how you fixed it.

Thanks

Ben

Thanks for the replies guys.

Faulty water pump was my first thought since the new pump has only been on a month and now I'm having these problems. 

The garage that fitted it were keen to blame other things to avoid doing any warranty work so I could do with confirming that it is the pump. Does anybody have any suggestions how this could be done?

Has anybody had to change the pump for this reason? If so is there a pump that doesn't suffer from this issue? 

Best regards