Why Canton sounds different on Octavia and Supurb? Will it sound same as Supurb in Kodiaq?

Montozuma

I am hesitating to add Canton in Kodiaq as it is in PCH. 

I've heard Canton in Supurb which sounds awasome. I won't mind spending bit more if it sounds same as Supurb. I can't get my head around why canton in my Octavia doesn't sound as good as Supurb.

Only thing I can think of is I have Amundsen in my Octavia could that make a difference? Has any one heared the Kodiaq sound system. I was to busy looking other things on the car missed out on this :/

Any advice?

Edited by Montozuma

• 4 weeks later...

I drove a brand new test car for an hour with a Canton. I payed particular attention to the sound as I was trying to deside whether to add Canton to my car. The only sound source was the radio as I had no music on my new phone. The sound was very dissapointing and since I mainly listen to radio in the car I desided to spend the money on upgraded seats. I think you get more boot space without the Canton and spare wheel too. 

To be fair, the poor sound amy be down to, new speakers, music source was the radio, dissapointing memories from octavia rs.

• 1 month later...
On 3/25/2017 at 08:38, Candywhite said:

I drove a brand new test car for an hour with a Canton. I payed particular attention to the sound as I was trying to deside whether to add Canton to my car. The only sound source was the radio as I had no music on my new phone. The sound was very dissapointing and since I mainly listen to radio in the car I desided to spend the money on upgraded seats. I think you get more boot space without the Canton and spare wheel too. 

To be fair, the poor sound amy be down to, new speakers, music source was the radio, dissapointing memories from octavia rs.

This is not fear answer. As what you listened is a quality of radio translation. A proper and adequate comparison should be made on playing the same tracks via aux, or from other source, rather then radio.
More over, sub-woofer which is coming with Canton is placed in the trunk, but doesn't force you to sacrifice your spare wheel. The space for optional smaller size spare wheel remains even with a Canton and 7-seat version, with the space for folding luggage compartment lid under the floor of trunk.

3 hours ago, Isolation said:

Is there available manual for that Canton sound system for Kodiaq? Or where I can find some specs? How many inch is subwoofer and so on..

I believe the the only way at this moment is to look it up through the dealership. 
But first I would try to download most recent version of ETKA, and try to find something there.

• 2 weeks later...

I have heard the Canton in all three cars.  The Superb and Kodaiq are on par with each other, but the Octavia I had with Columbus was no where near as good.  No idea why, as they were all Columbus units.

11 hours ago, SkodaVRSTim said:

I have heard the Canton in all three cars.  The Superb and Kodaiq are on par with each other, but the Octavia I had with Columbus was no where near as good.  No idea why, as they were all Columbus units.

Quality of the cars sound and body panels sound insulation I presume but assumption is the mother of all muck ups.

Hello all. Thank you for your replies. I have recently taken a delivery of Kodiaq with canton add. I didn't have enough time to play with the settings so the sound was not upto my satisfaction.

I have now figured out why the sound on my octavia was different. The reason was the head unit and speakers. It had Amusden rather than Columbus with 8 speakers instead of 12.

I am ver pleased with canton in my Kodiaq :-)

With the Mk3 Octavia there were plenty of comments about how a Canton system sounded the same with Amundsen or Columbus.
The Kodiaq and Superb have more speakers and a more powerful amplifier so I'd expect an improvement.