Is a 2010, 37k miles Yeti a good buy?

gman88667733

So I've found this car online - http://www.rowes.co.uk/used-car-details/used-skoda-yeti-12-tsi-s-man-hatchback-grey-manual-petrol-id_6021191500703.aspx

I am wondering if this is a good buy. It hasn't got all the extras I want, but for a few thousand less than a car that does, it seems compelling.

Are there any issues with this particular model variant? What's the 1.2L TSI engine like?

It seems in very good condition and the insurance is only £50 more than my 1.0L VW UP!

Thanks!

Cam chain stretching and number 3 ignition lead overheating (too close to turbo) I seem to remember.

If they have been attended to in service docs, should be ok 

The S version is the base model and lacks a lot of "extras".

I've just changed from a 140bhp diesel to a 1.2 tsi petrol. It obviously lacks most of the low down punch of the diesel but is surprisingly nippy. 

I only changed because I sold my caravan and was worried about futere "penalties" against diesels.

Fred

On 3/3/2017 at 08:16, gman88667733 said:

So I've found this car online - http://www.rowes.co.uk/used-car-details/used-skoda-yeti-12-tsi-s-man-hatchback-grey-manual-petrol-id_6021191500703.aspx

I am wondering if this is a good buy. It hasn't got all the extras I want, but for a few thousand less than a car that does, it seems compelling.

Are there any issues with this particular model variant? What's the 1.2L TSI engine like?

£7k Seems a lot for a nearly 7 year old S model, even with the low mileage

These early 1.2 tsi 8 valve engines did have cam chain issues - hopefully sorted by now , worth checking

The S spec is a bit of an orphan because it isn't very well equipped compared with the SE.  Prices should reflect this.  As a workhorse for local use you may be content with the absence of spec.  You may also be someone who simply isn't bothered by a decent stereo etc.  The only thing I would say is will you have 'buyers remorse' living with a car that is missing the things you may currently take for granted.

I wouldn't bother with an S as most have said not much in a base model, depends what you want.

For not much more you could have this and it's 3 years newer.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201702041972172?model=YETI&sort=sponsored&make=SKODA&maximum-mileage=50000&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&postcode=pl198rd&minimum-badge-engine-size=1.2&year-from=2010&advertising-location=at_cars&radius=1500&aggregatedTrim=Elegance&page=1

Remember that is the screen price, if you are cash I reckon there's a few quid off that :)

Edited by Defenderben

• 3 weeks later...