DSG Gearbox

2 hours ago, S27VEJ said:

George,

Oct 2010 my car was built so CAVE etc.

My car has had 4 owners before me so someone somewhere would get recall letters, just not me!

My last dealings with Skoda CS wasn't a good one, because they said I couldn't find anything out about MY car I OWN because I wasn't the original owner....pah

we got a recall letter a few years ago for the mineral oil thing, sticker in the boot . Cave 2010

Do you mean you got a letter and had it done, 

or got a letter and there was already a sticker in the boot.

They are not a recall letter. just a 'Recall action then', as now service campaign 34F7.

Not everyone that was a Registered Keeper got them, even Registered Keepers of car with DSG's and Synthetic oil in.

THE THING WITH 'Service Campaign' 345H is not stickers in the boot, 

and little information from Skoda / VW on which need that Software Update.

No idea why '345H' does not show on the VIN checker even for DSG's that needs it.

http://master.skoda-auto.com/mini-apps/recall-actions 

? Or are they now?

'34F7' letter.

imageproxy.jpg

imageproxy (1).jpg

Edited by Awayoffski

yes letter we got looked like above so we had that checked out a good few years ago, not sure what they actually 'did' at Skoda, but the sticker is there in the boot 34F7 but looks like 34F9 

Thought these were sealed units which are fit for 'life'? so did they just cross reference code numbers or something.?

34F7.jpg

Edited by Kobayashi

Sealed for life but VW had Synthetic oil for the MCU's and then there was internal corrosion so the World Wide REcall and VW said 'Humidity', 

Location location location, Far away counties, not Europe and as usual they were wrong.

Then it was odd that when they know the Synthetic was an issue they were still putting that in.

Seems like Meat from live animals or sperm from Bulls has more tracebility around the world than VW components and fluids used.

http://skoda.co.nz/news/dsg-service-campaign 

Then 2013 on a whole new Fundamental Design, Manufacturing or Component / software issue so now service campaign 34H5.

Might sound stupid but can I just go into my local dealer and say I think my car needs the dsg recall. Even though there is no sticker and it says nothing outstanding on the Skoda Online recall checker. 

The Dealership should know from the VIN if it has Synthetic in or Mineral from the factory, as should Skoda UK Customer Services and if they have done the Service Campaign done.

The thing is that they are not always right and some got the Service Campaign and some that should never did.

Sharkrider had a CTHE that was in for it, and there were early CTHE they never got done.

Ask SKODA UK CUSTOMER SERVICES in writing if yours needs done or not, if they say no then at least you asked and if anything goes wrong you or your estate knows what to tell the Coroner.  

(joking obviously, they say if there is a loss of drive just coast to the side of the road, imagine that on the M6...)