DSG Gearbox

Lots of people do not bring in vehicles for Servicing to Main Dealers.

If it is just DSG Manufactured between 2013-2015 then all of those should have Mineral Oil in and not required Service Campaign 34F7 since the VW Group started the World Wide Recall in 2012/13 when they knew there was Failures due to internal corrosion with the Synthetic Oil.

Odd really because there are members here with Vehicles built after 2013 that had Service Campaign 34F7 done in the UK, 

so maybe VW Group were still putting in Synthetic Oil at the Factory, or there was just a lack of records, and as usual the VW Group in the UK 

just not sure what was what and with which vehicles.

9 minutes ago, Awayoffski said:

Lots of people do not bring in vehicles for Servicing to Main Dealers.

If it is just DSG Manufactured between 2013-2015 then all of those should have Mineral Oil in and not required Service Campaign 34F7 since the VW Group started the World Wide Recall in 2012/13 when they knew there was Failures due to internal corrosion with the Synthetic Oil.

Odd really because there are members here with Vehicles built after 2013 that had Service Campaign 34F7 done in the UK, 

so maybe VW Group were still putting in Synthetic Oil at the Factory, or there was just a lack of records, and as usual the VW Group in the UK 

just not sure what was what and with which vehicles.

So reading between the lines CAVE owners 2010-2012 need not worry about this?

Wasnt planning on using Skoda for my next service as they wont let me use my own oil (ie use a full 3.6litre can provided by me)

• Like 1

Skoda / VW would have to confirm if it is only DQ200 DSG built from 2013-2015 in certain factories that are part of a Service Campaign.

Maybe someone would like to ask Skoda UK or VW UK what Service Campaign is about and which Vehicle Build or DSG Build dates it affects.

Just got off the phone with Skoda Colne Branch, using reg they got VIN number and confirmed nothing outstanding on my DSG regarding software update (or anything else), he said if its not showing then it does'nt need doing even if someone elses VRS does need doing. It depends on VIN. 

Makes me think that certain customers DSG need doing that are 'mapped different'. IE a 2010 from the CAVE era have a DSG  that is mapped different to a 2012-14 DSG, No way of really knowing unless you phone up or go in for service to actual Skoda Branch

• Like 1

On 06/03/2017 at 09:30, ElectricalVRS said:

Edit 2: """Maybe just my imagination, but heard from people when wanting to pull away from junctions, the DSG 7-speed sometimes didn't engaged. That could be related to the issue"""

Just getting up to speed with this thread, i have a vrs registered july 2014, could this be needing an update? I have this delay when engaging 1st, combine with the poor traction with a quick pull away i'm starting to get a bit fed up with it

You might indeed need Service Campaign 34H5 carried out since your car was built between 2013-2015.

(you should not need 34F7 as there should not be Synthetic oil in your DSG from the factory.)

Not so sure on the symptoms you are describing, the delay maybe, 

but poor traction is usually the tyres / surface, and wheel spin can cut power so people switch off the TC and fit decent tyres, and adjust the throttle control.

Edited by Awayoffski
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, nez1971 said:

Just getting up to speed with this thread, i have a vrs registered july 2014, could this be needing an update? I have this delay when engaging 1st, combine with the poor traction with a quick pull away i'm starting to get a bit fed up with it

Poor 'lift off' for me always in D from dead stop. A lot of time i slow right down & creep so car is moving in D1, ie if im in 2nd lane at traffic lights and 1st lane traffic turning left & no one in front of me.

Also like offski says turn traction off and maybe also try use paddles from dead stop and you should notice a difference. Just on about normal everyday driving (not traffic light battles...:)

• Like 1

Cheers for that, bought my car from skoda dealer in july 2016, do you know if service campaign 34h5 was in use by then? Can't stand those flappy paddles (and for me changing gears manually the  + and - are wrong way round on gear selector) but i'll give it a try. Ive noticed the traction control isn't that great on these, in that it cuts in quite late after wheel spinning occurs. (Last car was a bmw, it would kick in on that and the slightest spin of the wheel) The wheel spin will occur before the traction control does anything so not sure that would help. New tyres always an option, still plenty of wear on the ones i have, maybe make is crap, i will check, but unfortunately money wise i'm not really able to buy new rubber until its legally required . 

Totally agree Kobayashi with how you describe poor lift off, but creep in D1 to get round it 

The traction control nips the brakes and cuts power / drive so nothing special.

Have you played with tyre pressures.

?

What tyres are on the car?

Remove the rear ballast weights off the rear crash bar, they make traction on a hatch poorer than with an estate if both are on standard suspension.

No 34H5 was not started back in July 2016.

Try this and see if your car comes up.

http://master.skoda-auto.com/mini-apps/recall-actions

(recently it has not been working and when it does can not be trusted, like Skoda UK really.)

Just noticed this thread. I had my car serviced on the 10th and it had this software update too.  My car was registered 2013, purchased in June 2016. So it sounds like you may need the update too nez.

• Like 1

Not listed for any recall on that link. Still haven't checked the tyre brand, i always have the recommended pressure on the label inside the fuel cap, maybe a fraction over as they usually go down a touch over time. What difference did the gearbox update make? Mines due for next service in July

I did ask but forgot what they said about the software. I would have thought it was not a big issue if they didn't do a recall but what do I know :) Might be worth a quick call to your local dealer if you're worried.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad it isn't just me. I'm getting properly fed up with the distinct pause when pulling away from stationary, It's downright dangerous at times when you are joining fast flowing traffic as your window rapidly closes when the car ignores your instructions. It was serviced in oct 16 so I'd hope any updates were done to the gearbox but I'll contact skoda anyway and see. 63 plate.

Fortunately I don't drive it very often!

Is there a sticker in the boot showing the Service Campaign '34F7'  as having been carried out?

if not does anything here show as outstanding.

http://master.skoda-auto.com/mini-apps/recall-actions 

Down again, 

the SKODA sites / IT is a bit like the Software in their products, never trust them to be fully operational.

Edited by Awayoffski

• 2 months later...
On 2017-3-3 at 08:32, cabledeck said:

Hi Folks

Just had some work done on my Fabia Estate 1.2 TSI DSG (2013) and the dealers have done a software update on the gearbox. It is titled - 34h5 gearbox control unit software update, Criterion 01. Anyone out there no what this changes/adjusts etc. Thankyou.

Hi, I had my 2014 Skoda fabia 105bhp serviced at the beginning of May, and this software update was applied at the same time.

After getting the car back, the gear change was erratic, banging in to gear and kept dropping in to 1st gear when it wasn't appropriate.

Car went back in for a fortnight, and the (excuse my ignorance) mecatronic controller was diagnosed as being at fault, got the car back last Wednesday and again on Friday the fault reoccurred. Car back in the garage until further notice, and waiting on "the factory" for advice. 

I'm with a hire car now again.

There was absolutely no issue with the gearbox prior to this, people used to comment how smooth it was.....

Alan

• Like 1

I really do need to ask my local dealer if they can carry the 34F7 out, but I know how reluctant they are at helping...(no evidence in my boot of the sticker..)

Had the car's VIN number checked with both Skoda Customer Services and a Master Tech at the servicing dealer with both confirming the 34F7 is not required. Let's not forget this Service Campaign applied to some, but not all, vehicles.

S27VEJ, 

When was your car built.

There were CAVE 2010-2012 that did not need 34F7 carried out because they did not have Synthetic oil or VW say they do not, 

and oddly there are CTHE that were build after 2012/13 that did need it done and had it done.

so a strange one after a World Wide Recall starting 2012/13 and Europe service campaign only starting 2013/14.

'34H5' is a different again Service Campaign after all DQ200 DSG should have had Mineral Oil in from the Factory Build.

2013/14/15

Do not trust to a Dealership to tell you, ask the Organ Grinders not the Monkeys, or as it is Skoda UK Customer Services 

who are like 3 monkeys.

THEY NEED TO TAKE THE 34F7 Service campaign seriously because they persuaded the DVSA (VOSA) in the UK that a 'RECALL' 

was not required and were allowed to have a 'Service Campaign' contacting all Registered Keepers.

Pity they never ensured all were contacted after VW Group were given the contact addresses, pity cars In Trade and at VW Group Dealerships slipped through the net.

http://autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/vw-uk-why-we-dont-need-dsg-recall 

Then a UK Service Campaign started but Autocar never bothered to update the story.....

This members Mum's vRS needed 34H5 and as it turned out a new Mechatronic Control Unit.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/432730-oil-leak/?page=2 

Edited by Awayoffski

George,

Oct 2010 my car was built so CAVE etc.

My car has had 4 owners before me so someone somewhere would get recall letters, just not me!

My last dealings with Skoda CS wasn't a good one, because they said I couldn't find anything out about MY car I OWN because I wasn't the original owner....pah

This time they are legally obliged to help.  VW Group have a deal with DVSA to get away with carrying out a Voluntary Service Campaign.

Actually they have a statutory and corporate responsibility to.

So ask Skoda UK Customer services.  Was your car with DQ200 DSG one that was subject to the Service Campaign called in May 2014 by Skoda UK and has it been carried out and where by who, or was it not required.

Reply should be in writing, job done.

If no sticker in the boot then maybe 34F7 was not needed doing, not done correctly, or still outstanding to be done.

Edited by Awayoffski