Have ordered obdeleven for my '16 190 TDI

The app is for free but if you want to have advanced features like long coding then you need to purchase the PRO package which is actually a code you use to activate additional features in the OBDeleven application. I purchased both from their website, PRO code was sent to my e-mail address.

Yep :)

I ordered mine from the original seller but on ebay for the benefit of paypal protection, £66.99 delivered for Pro version. (code was on box sticker).

TSR alone is a £200+ cost option spec'd from new, so that was worth the £ alone, and I enabled some other bits.

Edited by Mr Grump

1 hour ago, BarryRoubaix said:

What twas the full cost?

Does it seen robust enough to be worth the money?

It is worth the money for sure but be careful - on model year 2017 doesn't work well, eg. engine error codes can be readed, but you can't do adaption, reading online data from engine etc . They are aware of the problem for last ....6 months. See http://obdeleven.proboards.com/thread/1735/9-1-rc1?page=1&scrollTo=7266. Now they are stating that they are intensively testing new update which will require new firmware to be flashed into the adapter.

If that will solve my problems, no idea...

http://obdeleven.proboards.com/thread/2010/9-2-1?page=1&scrollTo=9484

But for example you can enable VIM even for MirrorLink (100 credits are required) - normaly you do need VCP for that, VCDS is not enough. More on credits stuff you can found on their web page or Facebook, not sure.

Edited by sharkys

2 hours ago, BarryRoubaix said:

What twas the full cost?

Does it seen robust enough to be worth the money?

It is £61.97 in total (including shipping) if you buy it through OBDeleven website. The payment is made via Paypal. Shipping takes some time though, I live close to Lithuania (They are a Lithuanian company located there) and it took 2 weeks.

Edited by Puuriit

• 4 weeks later...

I think I have changed my car to Audi pedal mod. This is a 220 L&K MY 2017 (Made in June 2017).

Using the OBDeleven I changed this

Long coding
    Control unit: 01 Engine
    Old value:
        0C1D00322464050B3000
    New value:
        0A1D00322464050B3000
    Mileage: 1634 km
    Date: 2017-11-11 11:21

As can be seen 0A is actually listed as "Audi" in the OBDEleven app. Not sure if 02 for Audi is just for older models or diesels. 0C was listed in the app as ... 

Not having much success with coding for TSR yet. I reverted back to its previous settings and will have another go at another time.

5 hours ago, TerryMcK said:

Not having much success with coding for TSR yet. I reverted back to its previous settings and will have another go at another time.

I struggled initially with TSR but , follow this and all worked fine (thanks to @Gizmo).

Adaptations

Select channel: (63) Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-traffic_sign_recognition_0x21

Adjust Value to activated

Channel: (151) Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_menu_display_road_sign_identification

Adjust Value to activated

Controller 17 (Instruments)

07 Coding

Byte 5

Bit 2 Enable - “Traffic Sign Recognition installed"

Controller 5F (Information Electr.)

07 - Coding

Byte 24 Bit 6 - untick Traffic Sign Display (VZA) active

Controller A5 (Front / front view camera)

07 - Coding

Byte 16

Bit 4 - tick this box: Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR/VZE) active [PR-QR9]

One of the above bits does not have a shortcut, you need to go into the coding section, it was either last or one before last IIRC.

Edited by Mr Grump
  • Thanks 1

I appear to  have TSR activated now thanks to Mr Grump using Gizmos notes

On my car using the latest OBDEleven App and OBDEleven dongle (not sure if this is an updated firmware version of even if one it available yet) the following is the output recorded. I have changed the order to be the same as Mr Grumps/Gizmos notes

---------------------------------------------------------------
Adaptation
    Control unit: 5F Information Control Unit
    Name: Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2
    Values: 
        traffic_sign_recognition_0x21: 
            Old value: Not activated
            New value: activated

Adaptation
    Name: Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2
    Values: 
        menu_display_road_sign_identification: 
            Old value: Not activated
            New value: activated

Long coding
    Control unit: 17 Dash Board
    Values: 
        Road sign detection: 
            Old value: No
            New value: Yes

Long coding
    Values: 
        Road sign detection: 
            Old value: Yes
            New value: No
 This resulted in a bong and an error message on the maxidot   
Long coding
    Values: 
        Road sign detection: 
            Old value: No
            New value: Yes

Long coding
    Values: 
        byte_24_vza: 
            Old value: activated
            New value: Not activated

Long coding
    Control unit: A5 Front Sensors Driver Assistance System
    Values: 
        VZE: 
            Old value: Not_coded
            New value: Coded

This last setting was the only thing I could find that has VZE in. THere was nothing like Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR/VZE) active [PR-QR9] as outlined by Mr Grump

Then I got the same message as Gizmo noted about no road signs available but the error message as mentioned above went away.

After turning out of the drive onto the road the display then showed the speed limit (not sure if it was getting that from the Columbus maybe it was).

A drive out onto the roads around about displayed the speed limit signs as expected. I have not seen a no overtaking sign yet (I don't think I passed one on the short run I did) but think all is working.

There may be minor differences in the latest app or my recent Superb build. The Audi pedal mod is very noticeable especially when just in Normal, Eco or Comfort modes. It really does pickup quick. In sport mode there is little if any difference. Not quite face melting acceleration but adequate (Rolls Royce and Bentley used to say that).

I think the 220 could do with a little more torque as my old Saab 9-5 with much more torque (it was chipped) but similar BHP felt much more brisk. 

Edited by TerryMcK

I had no idea what this thread was about and read out of curiosity. 

The only thing I want to change is the throttle response and was going to find a kind soul with VCDS in NI. I don't want a pedal box.

This seems a good alternative, although it might as well be in Urdu for all the sense some of the threads are making...which leads me to my question.

I'm savvy enough with tech things, but changing coding in my car scares me to death, (I recently put mud flaps on the car - the auto equivalent of a manned space flight for me). I'm utterly clueless where this dongle even plugs in.

How easy is it for a novice to use this dongle? Which version should I buy - PRO?

I'm willing to give it a go and I think would probably try other mods with the help of others on the forum.

Be gentle in responses :sadsmile:

Edited by Ashmount

2 hours ago, Ashmount said:

I had no idea what this thread was about and read out of curiosity. 

The only thing I want to change is the throttle response and was going to find a kind soul with VCDS in NI. I don't want a pedal box.

This seems a good alternative, although it might as well be in Urdu for all the sense some of the threads are making...which leads me to my question.

I'm savvy enough with tech things, but changing coding in my car scares me to death, (I recently put mud flaps on the car - the auto equivalent of a manned space flight for me). I'm utterly clueless where this dongle even plugs in.

How easy is it for a novice to use this dongle? Which version should I buy - PRO?

I'm willing to give it a go and I think would probably try other mods with the help of others on the forum.

Be gentle in responses :sadsmile:

You need to download the OBD11 app to your android phone. This costs nothing and can be done right now.

You then need to purchase the OBD11 adaptor. This plugs into your ODB socket on your car. You can do this from within the app. 

You'll then follow the instructions for re-programming the throttle response by following clear and precise instructions. This will then squirt the relevant changes from your phone, into the OBD adaptos and then to your cars firmware . This is going to be pretty simple - you're going to change one number to another.

To fork out the full price for the OBB11 adaptor simply to do this mod is not cost effective - it would be *much* cheaper to find someone near with the kit, buy a case of lager/bottle of Jamesons from <insert preferred shop>, get them to do it and recompense them in beverages. As you indicate you eventually want to perform other modifications though, we're still in business.

Don't worry about the complexity - it's just changing numbers when you cut to the chase. You have to make a concerted effort to screw it up, and so long as you're literate you'll be able to adjust things as you see fit.

1 hour ago, Ashmount said:

Many thanks for your reply. I'll see if I can find a VCDS source in NI for the throttle change before I fork out on the OBD11.

Take a look at the link in my signature, there are several members on here with VCDS in NI.

1 hour ago, Mindbomb said:

Don't worry about the complexity - it's just changing numbers when you cut to the chase. You have to make a concerted effort to screw it up, and so long as you're literate you'll be able to adjust things as you see fit.

Whilst this is technically true, changing the wrong numbers can leave in a whole world of hurt and leave you with an expensive drive ornament!

Proceed with caution and do your homework before changing anything... some changes are non reversible! 

(the throttle mod is not one of these BTW)

Checked out VCDS owners in NI and concluded that by the time I found folk and provided a decent liquid recompense for the their goodwill, I would be well on the way to cost of the OBDeleven, so took the plunge and ordered the dongle and PRO licence yesterday afternoon. I reckon it will be useful over the lifetime of my car ownership. Pleasantly surprised to get an email this morning to say the item has been dispatched. Despite the intuitive nature of the unit/app I'll still probably need reassurance from wiser heads here until I get confident in use, especially given Gizmo's warning below.

On 16/11/2017 at 03:31, Gizmo said:

Proceed with caution and do your homework before changing anything... some changes are non reversible! 

(the throttle mod is not one of these BTW)

13 minutes ago, Ashmount said:

the item has been dispatched

Mine arrived within 4 days so hopefully you will get yours quickly too. You can get 5 free credits in the app every day if you didn't already know. Useful for the few apps (not so sure they should have used that name as it can be confusing) for the Superb that are already within the app (see what I mean)

To get your credits click the icon in the top left hand corner and go to profile. Touch get credits and then select get free credit. You can do this 5 times per day and you just have to watch an advert. 

Thanks @TerryMcK - your fast delivery experience was part of my buying decision. 

Hoping by early next week I'll have done the Audi throttle map. The throttle lag in so longer the annoyance it was when I first moved from the MkII, but it does catch me occasionally when I want the oomph.

Thanks also for the explanation on credits.

I have a standard UK spec Sportline. No extras.

I'm assuming if I have ACC I can also code TSR?

To be honest I'm not sure what else I can do. I would have liked the lane assist function. 

1 minute ago, Ashmount said:

I'm not sure about that as my L&K already has lane assist and the forward pointing camera in the rear view mirror mount. That is also used for TSR.

ACC uses just the radar sensor in the grill AFAIK but maybe somebody else could chime in.

15 minutes ago, Ashmount said:

You need to have the camera behind the rear view mirror to enable TSR. ACC just uses the front radar sensor.

Unless you specified TSR, lane assist or high beam assist when you ordered the car you will not have the camera module and therefore cannot enable TSR. Specifying TSR is a cheap way (£85 in the UK) to get the camera which then allows you to activate lane assist and high beam assist.

Edited by rtj70

OBDeleven arrived today.

The main change I wanted was to the Audi throttle on 190 Diesel (MY17 May)

Long coding

Engine 01

Changed Skoda to Audi which gave me the following  change

Old value

01 1 D001 203650508 3000 (Skoda tick box)

New value

02 1 D001 203650508 3000 (Audi tick box)

For anyone who has changed the pedal to Audi on a diesel, does this look right please? I note @TerryMcK's coding changed from an OA to an OC  - is that because of petrol engine as opposed to diesel engine?

Also changed Climate Control to show blower in auto 

Also, it recorded 3 faults after the scan - tapped everything in sight but couldn't bring up what the faults were.

All advice gratefully received. :)

2 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Thanks Gizmo. I took the car out for a good run this evening and there is a noticeable difference to the throttle, but I still have an occasional flat spot before the acceleration kicks in. I've gotten used to the Skoda throttle over the last 6 weeks and it will take a wee bit of time to get used to the change.

• 1 month later...

Tried the following adaption on a MY17 with OBDeleven. Before the adaption mirrors were folding each time i locked the car.
Now i can choose when to fold by a long press on lock button.

Adaptation
    Control unit: 09 Central Electrics
    Name: Spiegelverstellung
    Values: 
        Funk Spiegelanklappung Modus: 
            Old value: by look command via remote control key
            New value: by convenience operation via remote control key
    Mileage: 38600 km
    Date: 2018-01-04 17:02