Amundsen SD card Album artwork

clarky2

Mp3tag is very simple to use (and is free!).

Basically, you point mp3tag to the particular album directory you wish to process, selelect all the tracks then "get album art" (I tend to use Amazon). This will insert the album art into each trach's tag.

Select "save tag" and it will confirm how many tags (tracks) have been saved.

Just play with it, it's very simple...

Thanks for replying Graham. I've had another look at Mp3tag and eventually discovered how to get art for an album. However, the size of the art (from Amazon) for the album I chose was 500x454 which is too big and I couldn't find any way to resize it. In my experience the maximum size that works in my car is 200x200. Tag&Rename can show 2 pictures one called 'folder cover art' which represents the album and the other is called 'file cover art' which represents the actual tracks of the album. Often the size of the folder cover art is 200x200 and there is no file cover art. This is OK and should work in the car. However, sometimes the folder art is 200x200 and the file art is 600x600. This won't work and needs to be resized which you can do easily in Tag&Rename. I knock it down to 160x160.

Al

• 8 months later...

Solved it!

Exact same problem with album artwork / cover art on my Skoda Octavia.

I have thousands of songs/albums/singles on my PC. Most with decent cover art, typically 1000x1000 px. A

A Lot of it embedded into the actual music file.

I've used most software, iTunes / MediaMonkey - but I find MusicBee absolutely storms it.

For your Skoda, download free 'lite' version of XnViewMP (it's a FANTASTIC batch conversion tool).

Put SD-Card into computer > Open XnView > Browse to SD-Card > Select all albums (de-select radio logo folder)

> Right-Click "Batch Convert" > Actions-Tab > Add Action > Image > "Resize" > 500x500, untick ratio

> Output-Tab > Filename "front" (or 'cover')  > Already exists = 'replace' 

> tick "keep folder str" and "parent", DONT tick "delete original" > Format = jpg

> Press "Convert"

It took 15 mins. You can watch the progress. By updating the SD-Card, it doesn't mess with my PC 'originals'.

If there is embedded big covers art a new standalone 'front.jpg' will be created - most of the time.

I can simply re-run it when I refresh the music on my SD-Card.

If no artwork is found > Right-Click > open with MusicBee > right-click on image > click edit > right-click over the image >

> download as > browse to SD-Card > save as 'front.jpg'

THIS BIT IS GOOD, MusicBee will learn what you're doing, and all future saves will FIND the right album on the SD-Card, no browsing!

Hope this is helpful.

Wilko

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2