Has my yeti been "fixed"?

Canders

Good evening, I recently purchased a yeti for swmbo, 63 plate, adventure. Nice car, she loves it, however, when I drive it, it seems a little slugish. This is in comparison to my 59 plate mk2 fl estate. This could just be me, the missus says she can't tell any differece. There is a slight flat spot in 3rd and a very noticeable reluctace to pull away if in too high a gear, not noticeable on the mk2. Again could just be me! As the car came from my local dealer, could they have carried out "the fix" before resale? I did ask at the time but the salesman could not find any details if this is the case. I realise that both cars are different animals, excuse the pun.

A couple of questions:-

Is there any way to check using the vehicles VIN if this work has been carried out, i.e. website or Skoda / VAG contct phone numbers?

Anyone else noticed a flat spot in any gear?

Could this be another problem?

Any advice, as always, greatfully received.

Such work in Australia is labeled on the A pillar below the windscreen line and can be seen when you open the driver's  door 

Am I correct in saying you have a well run in 1.9tdi in an Octavia, that you are comparing against a lower mileage 2.0 later generation diesel in a Yeti. If so they are two very different beasts and will not feel the same.

Colin

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Urrell said:

Try inputting your VIN in the link below.
http://skoda-recallactions.skoda-auto.com/en-gb?cd=0

Urrell, cheers for the link. According to it, the yeti hasn't been done and the o2 pd is not affected, interesting.

13 hours ago, eribaMotters said:

Am I correct in saying you have a well run in 1.9tdi in an Octavia, that you are comparing against a lower mileage 2.0 later generation diesel in a Yeti. If so they are two very different beasts and will not feel the same.

Colin

Colin, oh yes, it's well run in! 102,000 on the clock. Methinks that I am barking up the wrong tree and that all is well, just me being picky! Did fleetingly consider a remap, just because it's possible.

Many thanks for all the input, much appreciated.

The PD engines aren't affected by the emissions issue, only the CR engines.

I think the VIN checker only shows if a vehicle is effected rather than if it's been fixed (I could be wrong).

If the yeti has been 'fixed', it should have a sticker near the spare wheel well with 23R6 on it. Otherwise, a VCDS autoscan showing the SW version of the ECU will confirm it.

8 hours ago, langers2k said:

The PD engines aren't affected by the emissions issue, only the CR engines.

I think the VIN checker only shows if a vehicle is effected rather than if it's been fixed (I could be wrong).

If the yeti has been 'fixed', it should have a sticker near the spare wheel well with 23R6 on it. Otherwise, a VCDS autoscan showing the SW version of the ECU will confirm it.

Ill have a look to orrow for said sticker. Do you know what SW would be shown if it's been fixed. I'll check the baseline scan I did when we first got it.

I believe from what I've seen that sw 9977 and above have the fix.

I've also seen reports of people downgrading the sw version but it'll depend if the flash files for your ECU are available.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 01: Engine (J623-CFHA)       Labels: 03L-906-018-CFF.clb
   Part No SW: 03L 906 018 QJ    HW: 03L 907 309 AG
   Component: R4 2,0L EDC   H25 4783  
   Revision: 42H25---    Serial number:               
   Coding: 00110012042500080000
   Shop #: WSC 33361 790 00056
   ASAM Dataset: EV_ECM20TDI01103L906018QJ 003004
   ROD: EV_ECM20TDI01103L906018QJ.rod
   VCID: 020A059D95C31351FF-8056

No fault code found.
Readiness: 0 0 0 0 0 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Langers2k, from the above scan, it doesn't appear to be affected. I will check the vehicle once the missus gets back.

• 3 months later...

If you input your VIN into the linked page above it will tell you if the fix has been done as well as if it needs doing.

If it's been done there's a fair chance it's F****d and if it has Been done  there a fair chance that ifs it's not f****d now it will be in the future , that's why there appears to be a new extended warranty for the emissions systems from VAG SO WHEN YOUR CAR IS 5 years old ,no more warranty DPF f****d they have done their bit and both you and your car are F****d