Bonelorry's Lemon Yellow Daily

bonelorry

8 hours ago, Lofty said:

I think the silver wheels will suit it 100 times better than the white would Simon. Wise choice having them changed. Couple that with a set of fresh black wheel bolt covers and it'll look fresh at each corner.

You must be reading my mind Lofty!

Dropped the Wheels off today for Refurbishment, Couple of choices of Silver to choose from but I opted the Standard OEM Silver. They offered a Brilliant Silver with a Metallic finish but it looked a bit blingy to me,

Also ordered a set of Black 17mm Wheel Nut covers, Same ones as I fitted on the Golf R.

7/3/16...

Well I dropped the Alloys off this afternoon for refurbishing, I also ordered a set of Black 17mm Wheel Nut Covers the same type as what I have on the Golf R and a set of 4 brand new Genuine Centre Caps. Looking like the back end of next Week when the Alloys will be finished, I went for an OEM Silver finish.

Nothing else too exciting but I had another couple of hours on the car this afternoon, Did a few small jobs such as remove all the Window Stickers and old Tax Disc Holder. There was an old Service sticker on the Drivers Door Shut/B Pillar which had been peeled off and left behind was the old glue residue so i removed that and Polished all the Door Sills.

The Fabia Badge on the Tailgate had seen better days and there was a build up of grime surrounding the letters which looked a mess and would be impossible to remove with the badge in place, Decided to remove the badge and the left over glue and sponge was removed using a Caramel Wheel and then I using the D/A with Megs 105 and an Orange Hex pad to finally clean the whole area.

I might actually leave it De-Badged, Quite like the look with just the VRS badge.

33151835242_ba016028f4_c.jpg

33151833872_a4e05c451e_c.jpg

Edited by bonelorry
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lofty said:

I had a set done in high sparkle silver once and they looked too OTT tbh. I think the standard finish silver you've chosen will be much nicer. 

My thoughts too! Looking forward to getting them back next week and on the car, Will Paint the Brake Calipers and Disc Bells prior to fitting.

Actually looking forward to getting the little Fabia on the road and driving it :)

• Like 1

13/3/17...

Well the Golf R went on Saturday morning and I swapped insurance over straight away, Unfortunately though due to the fact that DVLA had already issued the new V5 in my name I was unable to Tax the Fabia online on Saturday with the Green Slip/V5C/2 and so had to wait until this morning. Rang the DVLA first thing today and got through pretty much straight away and was able to do it over the phone....Then 20 Mins later the new V5 came through the post in my name LOL.

Anyway all sorted now and the Daffodil is up and running and on the road!

Decided to go an have an hour or so out in the Fabia this morning, Called into Halfords for a few bits as I had a couple of Gift Cards from Xmas to spend, Popped to Jepsons in Sheffield to get a pair of new Number Plates made up and did a few other jobs. All in all clocked up about 30 Miles, Mixed driving and averaged 54MPG without even trying.

I now no the reason I opted to buy another Fabia VRS, I should never have sold the last one in 2015! For a daily driver it really is a great little car, The 1.9 PD130 engine never feels like you are actually working it in such a light car and In-Gear it is surprisingly flexible. Bearing in mind I have just come from a 320BHP car I do not feel it lacking and it is still fun to drive but very economical also.

A couple of little jobs done today, Fitted a pair of new front Bosch Wipers 21"/19" as the car had some retrofitted flat/aero type blades fitted which I am not a big fan of. Also had a fresh set of Number Plates made up.

Couple of pics...

32576545304_d2d96ed969_c.jpg

Off with the old tired looking plates and Rear Surround...

33419174305_83cb6819db_c.jpg

New Front...

33263450272_fd0b78614a_c.jpg

New Rear, As mentioned I have also removed the old Plastic Surround to further tidy the look of the rear end up...

32576544064_0cefd8baac_c.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lofty said:

Are you not tempted to back to the original Mk1 badging? I kinda think it suits the era of the car nowadays 

As a matter of fact yes Lofty, I have been giving some thought to replacing the Front Grille and Rear Tailgate badges with some originals. I am fitting the original style Centre Caps on the Alloys when they come back from refurbishing.

24 minutes ago, Lofty said:

I think because the rest of the car is so nice it would suit it down to the ground having the right badging on it. I have always thought the newer style badging looks out of place on the mk1

You are right!

Just ordered a pair from Rainworth's, Part No: 1U0853621CMEL. Same badge for the Front and Rear :thumbup:

The new style badge on the grille looks much better than the old fashioned standard one :)

Deffo don't put the horrible Fabia badge back on the boot,loads better with just the VRS

16 minutes ago, coskev said:

The new style badge on the grille looks much better than the old fashioned standard one :)

Deffo don't put the horrible Fabia badge back on the boot,loads better with just the VRS

I think that will be it for the Badging! Yes I am not going to refit the Fabia Badge on the Tailgate, I prefer the cleaner look of just the VRS Badge.

Will fit the Original style Green Skoda Badges when they arrive and leave it at that :)

Simon, ignore Kev, hes wrong about the badging, the OE green Skoda badge is the "only" one to suit the Mk1, unless you want to be a Facebook fabia chav....

:D:D:D

I wasn't going to mention the Fabia lettering... was going to leave that for another time... cough cough...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lofty said:

Simon, ignore Kev, hes wrong about the badging, the OE green Skoda badge is the "only" one to suit the Mk1, unless you want to be a Facebook fabia chav....

:D:D:D

I wasn't going to mention the Fabia lettering... was going to leave that for another time... cough cough...

:D

39 minutes ago, Lofty said:

IMG_1754.PNG

Theres the part number save you looking it up...:cool:

I have already seen them at Rainworths, I was looked last week after I removed the Fabia lettering but once I had polished the area I decided to leave it as it is.

Thanks though

• Like 1