Bonelorry's Lemon Yellow Daily

bonelorry

I removed all the badging from mine as it is abit too cluttered, however just leaving the vrs is good..& I prefer the OEM Skoda badges, I had considered the new ones but just replaced with the correct "old" style one. The rear Skoda badge has a liking to develop white excretions...

You need Philips or Osram silver indicator bulbs in those rear clusters...

How about an Audi Q7 two piece blue screen wash cap also?...(4M0 955 267)

As for ICE...you can fit a full on double high DIN unit with full satnav etc.....just remove the drawer/cubby....dead easy..there are some nice units out there..

Good to see the old debates are still going on :D

I'm a debadge man myself, so I can therefore avoid which badges/lettering look better. For me the answer is Skoda badges front & rear, vRS badge in the front grille. Job done :)

• Like 2

All I can say Simon is WOW! Looks better than new.

If I had kept the car the wheels would have been going back to standard. They were coated white at AP tyres and would recommend these guys to anyone.

I will keep watching for your updates while I miss the car. I like the new Suzuki Swift Sport but my heart will always be in a Fabia Vrs.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Lovely stuff. Knew you couldn't resist the 'usual' treatment. But like you say, it's worth it :thumbup:

Thanks Wardy, Yes it had to be done LOL.

20 minutes ago, Shadowphax said:

All I can say Simon is WOW! Looks better than new.

If I had kept the car the wheels would have been going back to standard. They were coated white at AP tyres and would recommend these guys to anyone.

I will keep watching for your updates while I miss the car. I like the new Suzuki Swift Sport but my heart will always be in a Fabia Vrs.

Thank you Graham, Glad you approve of what I am doing with the Fabia. Rest assured it has gone to a good home, We will have to meet up one day so I can have a butchers at your Suzuki Swift Sport in the flesh :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/03/2017 at 21:32, Lofty said:

Love it! Exactly how they should be if left alone but loved

18 hours ago, Robshaw said:

Blimey, that's looking great!!

17 hours ago, MattyVRS64 said:

Looks really well, keep up the good work

Thanks Lads, Very happy with it indeed :)

I do like it in yellow, I must say :)

Maybe some chrome indicator bulbs? That's the only thing that stands out for me. A nice little change, without being obviously non-OEM...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

12/4/17...

Well no real developments Fabia wise, Having gone back to Work on the 31st after my 2 Week Holiday I have simply been using the Fabia for what it was originally purchased for...Commuting and so far it has been fantastic.

Brilliant little car that ticks all the right boxes, It gets me to work just as quickly as the Golf R did and I am more than happy leaving it parked up at Work without worrying.

Played the MPG Game on my way to work Yesterday morning and saw 70MPG over the 10 Mile Commute, Currently Averaging 54MPG overall since buying it so very happy.

I have been a busy bee with the New Garage/Man Cave, Currently £4500 lighter for the privilege and that was with 25% discount on the Garage but I am getting exactly what I wanted and it will be a good investment.

The old Pre-Fab was knocked down and removed Yesterday, Today the new 23ft x 13ft Concrete Base was laid which I am confident will be more than big enough to accommodate a Car and allow for Detailing and Light Mechanical work such as Servicing etc.

The New Garage gets delivered in 2 Weeks and will be installed on the same day which I am very much looking forward to, Then I have an Electrician coming to install Power and a Multitude of Strip Lights and Sockets.

Laughably although I am getting the Garage built I am struggling to think of a Car suitable to buy to put in it LOL, To the Drawing Board with that One!

Couple Of Snaps of progress so far...

33183551003_868c4bb172_c.jpg

33183551213_209b0742bc_c.jpg

33996218465_35efe59048_c.jpg

33610855140_015fc72b67_c.jpg

33610854280_a457e1f9c7_c.jpg

• Like 3

On Wednesday, April 12, 2017 at 18:01, bonelorry said:

12/4/17...

Well no real developments Fabia wise, Having gone back to Work on the 31st after my 2 Week Holiday I have simply been using the Fabia for what it was originally purchased for...Commuting and so far it has been fantastic.

Brilliant little car that ticks all the right boxes, It gets me to work just as quickly as the Golf R did and I am more than happy leaving it parked up at Work without worrying.

Played the MPG Game on my way to work Yesterday morning and saw 70MPG over the 10 Mile Commute, Currently Averaging 54MPG overall since buying it so very happy.

I have been a busy bee with the New Garage/Man Cave, Currently £4500 lighter for the privilege and that was with 25% discount on the Garage but I am getting exactly what I wanted and it will be a good investment.

The old Pre-Fab was knocked down and removed Yesterday, Today the new 23ft x 13ft Concrete Base was laid which I am confident will be more than big enough to accommodate a Car and allow for Detailing and Light Mechanical work such as Servicing etc.

The New Garage gets delivered in 2 Weeks and will be installed on the same day which I am very much looking forward to, Then I have an Electrician coming to install Power and a Multitude of Strip Lights and Sockets.

Laughably although I am getting the Garage built I am struggling to think of a Car suitable to buy to put in it LOL, To the Drawing Board with that One!

Couple Of Snaps of progress so far...

33183551003_868c4bb172_c.jpg

33183551213_209b0742bc_c.jpg

33996218465_35efe59048_c.jpg

33610855140_015fc72b67_c.jpg

33610854280_a457e1f9c7_c.jpg

Nice job there buddy .  Can u build something that close to the neighbors fencing ? In belgium here you would need permission from neighbors and city to build that close to fencing . 

Looks pretty big  . Nice workshop diy area ^^

10 hours ago, Enslave666 said:

Nice job there buddy .  Can u build something that close to the neighbors fencing ? In belgium here you would need permission from neighbors and city to build that close to fencing . 

Looks pretty big  . Nice workshop diy area ^^

Thanks,

You don't need planning as the Garage is not classed as a permanent building, Its of the Pre Fabricated Type. Its only if you are to use Bricks or Breeze Blocks that you would beed planning....Thats how I understand it.

However there was already a Garage there and has been for about 40 Years so the Neighbours are used to it.  I knocked it down last Week.

Thanks

• Like 1

Looks a spot on size tbf :)

If you want a 'toy' car to put in there you want a kit car ;)

That's if you enjoy a car you really need to drive properly and feel part of the car :D

20160824_133650.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, coskev said:

Looks a spot on size tbf :)

If you want a 'toy' car to put in there you want a kit car ;)

That's if you enjoy a car you really need to drive properly and feel part of the car :D

20160824_133650.jpg

I can only imagine how much fun that is!

I would like something along those lines, Considering getting a Motorbike and doing my Test but still 50/50 at the moment.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bonelorry said:

I can only imagine how much fun that is!

I would like something along those lines, Considering getting a Motorbike and doing my Test but still 50/50 at the moment.

Kit car is the best of both worlds,Yamaha R1 engine so you get the 12k revs and sequential gear change ,but you can't fall off it! :D

• Like 3

4 hours ago, coskev said:

Kit car is the best of both worlds,Yamaha R1 engine so you get the 12k revs and sequential gear change ,but you can't fall off it! :D

Kev you are a bad influence mate!

Spent 2 Hours looking at Westfields online yesterday :biggrin:

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, bonelorry said:

Kev you are a bad influence mate!

Spent 2 Hours looking at Westfields online yesterday :biggrin:

B)

The red one in the pic above is a Westfield, a MegaS2000 so it's got a Honda S2000 engine and box.

They are a really enjoyable toy.

Especially when you get days off on the week as the roads are so much quieter than at weekends. 

Performance levels are awesome,as they are circa 500kg power to weight ratio is massive. 

And as a bonus they are cheap to have sat in the garage,mines £150 fully comp insurance for 3000 miles a year,and because it's 998cc it's the cheaper PLG tax which was circa £140 a year  ;)

Edited by coskev

6 minutes ago, coskev said:

B)

They are a really enjoyable toy.

Especially when you get days off on the week as the roads are so much quieter than at weeknds. 

Performance levels are awesome,as they are circa 500kg power to weight ratio is massive. 

And as a bonus they are cheap to have sat in the garage,mines £150 fully comp insurance for 3000 miles a year,and because it's 998cc it's the cheaper PLG tax which was circa £140 a year ; )

The one I saw was 2013 Built and Mazda MX5 Engined, A Blink Motorsport built MX5 1.8 16V Engine with a Fast Road/Mildly tuned set up and circa 160BHP.

I must say it did appeal! 

Edited by bonelorry
  • Like 1