Bonelorry's Lemon Yellow Daily

bonelorry

19/6/17...

Finally able to use the Garage, Albeit without the Floor tiles but the 2 x Part Clear Resin is doing the job and the Floor is bone dry with no dust plus is Water and Oil resistant. The new Ramp has now set and for the first time yesterday I was able to put the Car and Bike in!

Still got to get some power installed which will happen over the next Month but I am now very happy that everything is sorted.

Bags of room in the New Garage too.

35234974992_39c03eb149_c.jpg

34592060963_46513029d5_c.jpg

The new Toy, 2002 Honda CBR600F, Fuel Injected Model...

35234974932_dace392dfa_c.jpg

• Like 4

Man goals right there B)

My check list;

Nice car - check

Garage - I can work on my car, but no room for a bike.... check (but needs work)

Motorbike - 125 twist and go - FAIL!!

Edited by jars
  • Like 1

Cbr looks like a nice standard tidy example ... when you have worn out the Bridgestone bt021s do not replace with the same .. and as for the fabia . Again what a lovely example... 

1 hour ago, serafumi said:

Cbr looks like a nice standard tidy example ... when you have worn out the Bridgestone bt021s do not replace with the same .. and as for the fabia . Again what a lovely example... 

I think 023's are possibly on the cards for the CBR, Thanks!

The problem with Bridgestone is the front tyre wears very funny ... 21 or 23 . If it was mine I would put either Michelin pilot rd4 or metzeler roadtec 01 both great tyres for everyday road use . If you want a sportier tyre try metzeler m7rr .... I'm not a sales man . Just been a motorcycle tech for 22 years so just stating what I've seen from experience 

regards tony 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yup, I am mental.

Still not content with the Garage floor, Some more developments have happened today. A cheap solution, Will be more robust than the foam pads and allow for Axle Stands and Trolley Jacks plus they are easily replaceable and look much better. Having spent hours looking at various solutions I came across various posts on Detailing World from people that had used Heavy Duty Carpet Tiles for their flooring in the Garage with fantastic results.

I looked into it and found a supplier so collected 36 of them today, £1.80 per Tile!

So I have kept the Black Foam Interlocking Tiles around the edges, The idea is when the Car is in the Garage I have a soft surface to kneel down on when the wheels are off or I am Machine Polishing but that the Carpet Tiles will easily support the weight of the car or Motorcycle Stand. Also any tools which I drop wont chip the Resin Coating on the Concrete floor.

Still in 2 Minds on whether to buy another 12 Tiles and do another row at the Top and Bottom?

35331905913_9e9402d609_c.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lofty said:

Looks great. Have you secured them down at all? Just wondered if applying steering lock when the car is on them would cause them to move?

Yes Lofty, I should have mentioned. They are Rubber backed and I also purchased some Spray-On Carpet Tile Adhesive designed for Concrete Flooring to secure them.

14 hours ago, pip_vrs said:

Better than most houses B)

2 hours ago, Wardy said:

Looks great :thumbup:

Thank you guys, Been a long process but finally got there in the end...£5000 lighter for the privilege too but will be worth it when I am in there Detailing and working on the Bikes over the Winter period!

Just need to get some power in there now and its finished. 

On 03/08/2017 at 11:27, coskev said:

They look great :)

Be interesting to see if you have any damp issues or smells with them though.

Thanks Kev,

I did consider this but hopefully it is not going to be an issue with the Tiles getting wet as the Car never goes in as it stored underneath the Car Port on the side of the house which totally covers the car from the elements. Infact all my Detailing work previously has been done using the Car Port with the only downside been the wind.

The Garages main purpose is for Motorcycle Storage and doing light Mechanical work on the Bikes and indeed the Car if required.

I have access to Ramps and Workshops through some good friends in the Motor Trade so would never entertain rolling about on my back and struggling in my own Garage at Home trying to do anything Major on the Car.

The Car will be going in my Garage for any Detailing work and Machine Polishing etc but will be dried off before entering.

Of-course it is inevitable that I will return home on the Bike and get caught in the rain at some point, The Tiles will get dirty and at £1.80 per Tile I can justify throwing them away and replacing them as necessary. They are Heavy Duty rubber backed tiles with nylon/rubber fibres that's designed to be used on shop floors so should be incredibly hard wearing and quite resistant to holding any Moisture.

Hopefully the 2-part Resin Coating that has been applied to the Concrete will also do its job and stops any Moisture coming up through the Slab :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

11/9/17...

Well 6 Months into ownership now which is a long time for me given I usually have about 4 Cars per Year! The Fabia is now on 71400 Miles, Its been totally faultless and is doing everything I want it to so is not going anywhere for a good while.

Usually the very first thing I do is give all my Cars Major Service but as the previous owner was so particular and the Car had been Serviced & MOT'd at the Main Dealer DM Keiths a few Weeks prior to me buying it I have waited a little while.

Even though the Service is not due until Feb 2018 and the Car has only covered just over 3000 Miles since the last One I decided I wanted to get it all done before Winter, I popped into my Local TPS last Week and purchased a few bits for the Car...

Genuine Oil Filter P/N S071115562C

Genuine Air Filter P/N 6Q0129620

Genuine Fuel Filter P/N S6Q0127401B

Genuine Pollen Filter P/N S6Q0820367B

: Quantum Longlife 3 5W30 Fully Synthetic Engine Oil

: Genuine Sump Plug & Washer P/N N90813202

Genuine Rear Brake Discs and Pads P/N JZW698601AC

As mentioned earlier in the Thread the Rear Discs look fine from the outside but they are quite corroded on the inner face, The Pads are fine but will be changed anyway and I know the Rear Calipers are good as they where changed not that long ago.

Back in 2015 on my previous Fabia VRS I used Pagid Discs and Pads but had issues with vibrations under braking within a few thousand Miles on both the Front and Rear, I did get both sets swapped under Warranty through Euro Car Parts and then subsequently sold the Car a Month or so after but even so an Ex-VAG Mechanic who actually worked for me when I was a Manager in the Motor Trade has now set-up on his own also used Pagid on various Cars and quite a few came back with similar problems, He changed to Brembo products and never has any issues.

Funnily enough Shadowphax on Briskoda who I bought this Fabia off also had similar issues....So I looked into some Brembo OEM Spec and was considering buying them but when I went into TPS and ordered the Service Items I asked purely out of curiosity how much some Genuine Items would be and was told they sell them as a Brake Kit all in One box and at £44 plus VAT I couldn't turn them down so went for Genuine's.

I have a few days off next Week so will be hopefully using a friends workshop and getting it all done, I could do it all at home in the Garage but I want the Car on a ramp so we give all the Steering and Suspension a good check over.

36327726574_94de5e1d2e_c.jpg

37021601421_584f0005d7_c.jpg