Yeti on a Ship

Kenny.j

On 09/03/2017 at 07:48, kenfowler3966 said:

How did you arrange the different wheels?

I think I would prefer the Black optional 16" wheels from the S on my order.

My current Greenline has the silver version of these and I prefer the ride to my first Yeti on bigger and wider wheels.

I am also amazed at the tyre life. Apparently still 4mm left on front at 38k! Previous car on low profile wide tyres lasted around 25k only.

I contacted Skoda customer service before I started looking for the new Yeti, they couldn't have been more helpful and asked me to contact them after I had ordered from a Main Dealer. Used Colin of Briskoda to get dealer quotes and after usual negotiations placed the order. Told Skoda UK who the dealer was and they intercepted the order at the factory and amended it to 16" wheels. 

This is the second time I have done this, got 16" wheels on my current Yeti by exactly the same process (2012). Like you I find that 16" wheels with 215 x 60 profile tyres greatly improve the ride and solve the refinement criticism usually aimed at the Yeti by most Motor Magazine road test. I would stress this is just my opinion - don't want to open that debate again!

Yeti arrived at dealers last Friday, just waiting for pdi etc. Better put the summer wheels back on my current Yeti while the weather is dry ready for the exchange. Hopefully next week.

• Like 1

Our new Yeti arrived at the dealers on Wednesday and I collect the new one on Tuesday morning.  All I have got to do, apart from the wait, is to pay for the Dartford Crossing charges. 120 hours to go!!!

I'm still waiting, last I'd heard my car was still at the docks!  Not sure when exactly it'll arrive as still waiting on ECM so dealer has given me a date of 25th to make sure its hear and ready.   So 1 week from tomorrow before I'm a Yeti owner. So pleased that everyone else it getting theirs and are happy, I'm looking forward to it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ryeman said:

Us 'kids' count down in sleeps

... Of all ages.  More specific, if you think about it.  Anyway, that's the way the grandchildren do it and they're the ones usually concerrned about such things.  Except when you're waiting for a Yeti, of course :).  

• Like 1

On 16/03/2017 at 18:02, mthestrong said:

Our new Yeti arrived at the dealers on Wednesday and I collect the new one on Tuesday morning.  All I have got to do, apart from the wait, is to pay for the Dartford Crossing charges. 120 hours to go!!!

Well one sleep and less than 24 hours to go! Not counting but ....

• Like 1

Collected SE L Drive 1.2 Tsi DSG this morning from Lincoln, good drive down from York and pleasant trip back in new car. Definitely like the Onyx Grey colour and easy to get right driving position with electric drivers seat, rear view camera is great and playing around with adjustable boot floor system. The Amundsen package appears fine although I guess it will take me some time to get familiar with all the options. The Nav system looks fine except that the "voice" kept interrupting my journey back - have to sort him out! Phone paired without problem but surprised I didn't need to input a confirmation code for security sake? Oh,and of course, the 16" wheels fitted with Goodyear Efficient grip tyres provide a lovely smooth and comfortable drive (IMHO).

Will try out Smartlink tomorrow so I can use Apps on my phone. 

Anyone any thoughts on Amundsen SatNav compared with Garmin? I have previously used a Garmin and liked it because I can program the route on my computer in the warmth of my sitting room and then download to my Garmin device. The Garmin also allows me to tailor the route to my needs - often I find SatNavs give you a "best route" that everyone else uses so I tend to tailor the route to avoid those "best" routes. Guess I will have to experiment with the Amundsen and see how I get on - what is the traffic alert system like? Does it re-route you around jams like the Garmin?

Sat Nav:

Having the same in-built unit as you and a Garmin, I find the Garmin better, and that is without programming anything into it before we leave home. 

I find it easier to in-put addresses, and it seems to give a more logical route. I know my wife agrees with me on that.

It does seem to reroute but not as quickly as the Garmin.

I prefer the junction lane pictures on the Garmin.

I've still got 2 sleeps to go! :crying: Got a long say at work tomorrow so that'll keep my mind of it and then Saturday morning too, so it'll be Yeti time before I know it.

As far as Sat Nav's go I've only ever had TomTom before, apart from the Leafs built in one and the TomTom was far superior. The only thing the built in had going for it was convenience - that said I don't need Sat Nav that often so it's not really a deal breaker and if need it I've got the TomTom on my phone anyway. Having said that I have found myself using google maps on occasion too as it's constantly updated it's always way more accurate than anything else too.

• Like 1

Two sleeps for me too

Re built in sat nav, you can usually go into options and change route to avoid motorways, opt for fastest, shortest etc etc

I'll suss it out when I get the Yeti and see how it compares with Renegade. Not that I need sat nav on Skye! But I do use it on mainland when needed.

• Like 1

Thanks for your views on relative SatNavs and Amundsen. In reality I probably will only use it a few times a year as most places I go to I know the way; most use is on holiday when I tend to preplot excursions from wherever we are staying to cover the interesting sights and places - historic houses, gardens etc. Probably continue to use Garmin for that but I am getting to like Google Maps on my Smartphone so will try out Smartlink as an option. All to play for.

Incidentally I wondered what the receptacle under the passengers seat was for, reading the Manual I find it is for the umbrella that came with the Yeti and it fits a treat. I am not sure if I was supposed to get seat back tables with the SE L Drive model - specs seem to vary - anyway no tables but as we rarely have back seat passengers anyway no problem. Anyone have an SE L Drive and has the tables?

20 minutes ago, Expatman said:

Incidentally I wondered what the receptacle under the passengers seat was for, reading the Manual I find it is for the umbrella that came with the Yeti and it fits a treat.

It comes with an umbrella?  I thought that was the reserve of the superb?  I shall have to make sure I get mine. I'll let you he Re: the seat back tables on Saturday. 

1 minute ago, Kenny.j said:

It comes with an umbrella?  I thought that was the reserve of the superb?  I shall have to make sure I get mine. I'll let you he Re: the seat back tables on Saturday. 

Yes, the umbrella was in the boot. During handover the salesman went over everything beautifully, not too much explanation but enough to take in and get everything working. He pointed out the umbrella. Best hand over I have had when buying a new car - Dennis Horton's in Lincoln - they even fitted the protective boot film I had ordered, but expected to have to fit myself, without charge.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Expatman said:

Best hand over I have had when buying a new car - Dennis Horton's in Lincoln

We have had 2 from there as it's local to us and gave the best price, nice for the salesmen to know about the cars they are selling and they have fitted accessories we expected to find in the boot.

8 hours ago, kenfowler3966 said:

Still have the umbrella from my company car 55 reg Superb!

However does this mean the useful under seat draw I have in my Elegance has gone?

Yes, but run out model specs can be a bit variable!

Edited by Expatman

Have to wait & see what turns up with my SEL Drive when it arrives in June. Don't need it until 1st July after company car goes back.

First car I have bought for myself since 1991, but will be my third yeti. At least on this one I can specify exactly the engine I want!