Yeti on a Ship

Kenny.j

2 hours ago, MarieK said:

SE L Drive collected today, has the umbrella (very handy up here!) and boot nets, full set of carpet mats

Did yours have the picnic tables on the back of the front seats? Mine didn't and I am beginning to think that expecting them was only in my imagination, glad they weren't there as I suspect they would compromise rear leg room and we would never have used them anyway.

Umbrella fits under passenger front seat in a special compartment. Difficult to find if it's not pointed out to you!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Expatman said:

Umbrella fits under passenger front seat in a special compartment. Difficult to find if it's not pointed out to you!

I would never have known that in a million years, its happily living there now

I only found it by chance, short sentence in Yeti manual while I was looking for something else entirely. Salesman was not aware of it either - that's why umbrella was in the boot. 

1 hour ago, Expatman said:

I only found it by chance, short sentence in Yeti manual while I was looking for something else entirely. Salesman was not aware of it either - that's why umbrella was in the boot. 

But if it wasn't in the boot you'd never know that the umbrella existed in the first place :tongueout:

That's true! Probably why they put it in the boot. How are you doing with the SatNav, played with it but still prefer the Garmin because I can set it all up and plot routes in the comfort of my sitting room rather than having to do it in a cold car. 

59 minutes ago, Expatman said:

That's true! Probably why they put it in the boot. How are you doing with the SatNav, played with it but still prefer the Garmin because I can set it all up and plot routes in the comfort of my sitting room rather than having to do it in a cold car. 

I haven't had need for it as I've only driven Inverness to Skye. I did set it up just to check it was working and all seemed ok. I'll use it more next month when I'm away over Easter.

4 hours ago, Expatman said:

So much for that particular salesman!

Yeah!  My Yeti is here :cool: actually got it yesterday but been too busy trying to get my old car ready to go back I've not had time to play with my Yeti. 

1.2DSG SEL Drive in Quartz Grey  - love it. I got the umbrella under the passenger seat, cargo netting in the boot along with the wee plastic doohickey that attaches to the boot side.  I don't have the seat back tables. 

The only extra I oredered was Smart Link - it works really well having some of the phone apps on screen is quite useful and at only £150 it wasn't too bad. Looking forward to the weeks and months to come. 

IMG_0986.JPG

IMG_0987.JPG

• Like 1

I also got the Smartlink and was expecting it to show my complete Music Library from my phone as well as complete list of phone contacts - only after playing round with it for the best part of an hour did I Google it to find that for 'safety' the system will only show 13 items per screen, so recent calls, missed calls etc but not the complete Contact List. Similar with music Library - recent playlists and recently added but not complete Library. However, it will access any contact or music track if I use the speech activated request - so 'Call John Smith' works fine as does 'Play Les Miserables' just can't visibly see the complete libraries on the screen. Unless I am still doing something wrong and someone has made it work with complete Visible Libraries/Contact lists?

Seems everything is going voice activated because Smartlink shows Google Maps on the screen and you can access any saved route, you can also use voice activation to say where you want to go and the system will find the route, however, no way to input destination manually using touch screen -  again for 'safety' so you can't do it while driving.

Incidentally your car is exactly the same colour as mine - except I have the 16" Helix wheels with 215x60xR16 Goodyear Efficientgrip tyres.

Edited by Expatman
  • Like 1

I've only played around with for a wee while but I managed to get all my albums to show and was able to scroll up and down through the whole list?  I went in through the Music icon and accessed albums?

Incedently I also got a wee gift from my dealer, a presentation box with key ring, pen, business cards of my dealer and underneath that a Škoda insulated mug.  I might be biased but I think I've got one of the best dealers around ;)

Yes - got the Skoda gift box as well! Is your phone an Android or Apple iPhone? If an Android I would love to know how you set it up to show all contacts and artwork. Obviously I must have done something wrong if it works with your Android phone.

6 minutes ago, Expatman said:

Obviously I must have done something wrong if it works with your Android phone.

Ah, sorry my mistake, I'm Apple :cool:  Maybe that's one of the differences?

Edited by Kenny.j

Apparently that is the difference between Android & Apple, Apple let's you see everything, Android 'protects' you by limiting what you can see! Nanny knows best....... Aghhh!

• Like 1

I refuse to talk to my car, my computer, my TV etc. Hate it when I press the wrong button on the steering wheel and it asks me what I want!

Managed to disable it on my last phone with a delete app that could delete anything. Can't do that on current phone

• Like 1

I hate talking to inanimate objects, feel such an idiot. However, I am sure it's an age thing, I was brought up to talk to people! Can't understand when people text each other in the same house either, again a generation thing?

3 hours ago, Expatman said:

I hate talking to inanimate objects, feel such an idiot.

Me too but I forced myself to get over it when I found out how useful SIRI is to me. She is always with me and she understands me perfectly. She updates my shopping list for me on a regular basis. I've now stopped coming home from Tesco with half the things that I wanted missing :).

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, longedge said:

Me too but I forced myself to get over it when I found out how useful SIRI is to me. She is always with me and she understands me perfectly. She updates my shopping list for me on a regular basis. I've now stopped coming home from Tesco with half the things that I wanted missing :).

Are you saying she does mind reading also?.

23 minutes ago, Ryeman said:

Are you saying she does mind reading also?.

Nooooo - it's only since I overcame my shyness and started actually telling her what I need. I can tell from the tone of her voice that all she wants to do is please me.

This is all getting a bit weird - are you sure you are okay longedge, perhaps you should try and get out more with breathing people or do you just like talking to a female voice that doesn't nag you? I could understand that.

:blush sorry - I get awestruck when I think about the advances I've seen in technology. Going back to when I got my first car an Austin A40 Devon and what I would have said if anyone had told me that one day you would be able to give verbal instructions to your car and indeed that cars that drove themselves would be available. Wonder what the next 50 years will bring..