Skoda connect, and wifi or mobile connection.

On 07/04/2017 at 16:23, erniem said:

So had a play in a car today, and to use Android auto you need a USB connection to your phone, So will the 3 years online provide its own SIM and thus bypass the need for the USB connection and also give an always on data connection within the car rather than using the hotspot from your personal mobile device. That would help explain the additional cost involved.

That would also help in downloading map updates and the like

Not getting my own car till May 15th so can't do some serious playing till then

Hi, my car arrived today and I'm confused why it has a wireless charger with WiFi when it has to be plugged in to USB for android auto anyhow which charges the phone? 

Because some owners like me rather use Skoda navigation instead of Android Auto. In that case Bluetooth is enough for making phone calls and listen to smartphone’s music. And if your phone supports wireless charging then you rule :) I miss the wireless charging in my iphone.