DRLs - On or Off

14 minutes ago, Gizmo68 said:

Not sure VCDS can do that... it certainly couldn’t when i had my MKII

Then I must be remembering incorrectly. As I recall, it was possible by changing the locale in the lighting module to one where rear lights are mandatory by law. My memory has never been all that great, however.

1 minute ago, TLV said:

Then I must be remembering incorrectly. As I recall, it was possible by changing the locale in the lighting module to one where rear lights are mandatory by law. My memory has never been all that great, however.

On the older cars you could select the Scandinavian setting, this would put the front (dipped beam) DRLs and rear sidelights on all the time, this is no longer on option on the MKII.

• Like 1

Just now, mikeholroyd said:

VCDS can easily do rear DRLs on the Superb 3 and Octy 3.

Coding is in andyvee's brilliant thread about tried and tested O3 modification.

Mike

True (I did mine) but this is for a MKII. :thumbup:

That will be why I didn’t do it that way then as my MKII (2010 estate) had separate DRLs in the fog light housings, which I wanted to keep lit and not use the xenons.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, daveyg26 said:

So is it possible to have the front drls on all the time on the superb II? I'm assuming it would require vcds to do it though?

DRLs are too bright to be used at night when they would cause dazzle.

Source:https://www.theaa.com/driving-advice/safety/daytime-running-lights

Edited by TLV

1 hour ago, daveyg26 said:

Ok understandable but my Mondeo had drls that stayed on all the time?

OEM DLR's should dim when dipped beams are on.

I assume they would get overridden altogether when dipped beam's are switched on, no?

And brightness would definitely depend on which bulbs are used. The modern LED type could well be too bright, or too distracting at least.

Mine are the old style, with halogen (I think) bulbs.

No!.

Drl's dimmed so no longer operating as being Daytime / Daylight Running lights can stay on with sidelights and sidelights / headlights so not overridden with many vehicles.

Mine do on the A4...........Just checked........overridden altogether by the sidelights........I thought they were.......