Considering getting superb mapped

hi guys,

im considering getting my skoda superb 1.9 tdi 105 ps 59 plate mapped as a good deal has arisen. 

has anyone had a map on their skoda before is it worth it? 

quoted to rise the bhp to around 145-150. 

I'm thinking of doing the same thing when it's out of warranty in June as I've not really been happy with the power delivery since 'the fix'.

Still trawling through all the tuning box vs mapping info on the inter web but leaning towards a box at the moment, does anybody have any specific experience of using a box on a Mk2 2.0 140 estate?

cheers.

If you are considering it.... Go for it!

I have just had my 140 remapped and it has totally transformed the car. 

Now 185bhp and 410Nm torque. 

As long as you research what company you are going to use and make sure they know what they are doing you won't regret it. 

Ooh that's interesting, who did you use?  What made you go for a remap over a tuning box and did it make much of an increase on your insurance?

15 hours ago, PeteJ80 said:

I have just had my 140 remapped and it has totally transformed the car. 

Now 185bhp and 410Nm torque. 

I have the 4x4 140 and am considering remap options and companies up here.  That's a very good gain on your car, what company was that and do they have a 4x4 dyno ?  Cheers

Remap, all day long.
The only real benefit of a 'tuning box' is that it's quite easy to remove.. where as you'd have to 'reflash' your ECU to remove the map.

I also much prefer torque (usable low down the revs, smooth curve) on a TDi over peak BHP as well, it's more useful in the real world.. :)

• Like 1

I've had a few cars remapped but is anybody concerned about the DPF? and has anybody noticed more frequent regens?

I badly mapped car can make it a bit more smokey sometimes but with a DPF installed you arn't going to be able to tell so your just going to end up clogging it up faster.

Or am I just thinking into it a bit much.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PeteJ80 said:

TasMan, I also have the 4x4.

I used a guy/company called Martin Auto Clinic. 

Thanks Pete, have looked up his FB page, looks well recommended, lots of folk saying good things.  Does he have a 4x4 dyno ?  Now that I have started looking at remap companies up here there are a lot more than I expected and most have lots of good feedback. Cheers

6 hours ago, peterposh said:

I had my 140 4x4 remapped as it was a flat as a pancake performance wise , transformed it

Sounds good, I find the 140 pretty good everyday but recently towed a heavy trailer for the first time and I could tell it was a little lacking.  I am not looking for all out power, just a bit more grunt which would improve driveability.  Sounds like a remap would tick all those boxes, hopefully with added fuel economy.

Martin disabled my 4x4 and ran just it Fwd. 

TasMan, I also have the 4x4.

I used a guy/company called Martin Auto Clinic. 

I found him on Facebook

https://m.facebook.com/Martin-Auto-Clinic-Remap-Glasgow-380620402060326/?locale2=en_GB

I got 2 dyno runs and the remap with a print out. 

Certainly recommend Martin.

• Like 1

I want to do this (remap) on my 3.6 petrol....anyone reading this recommend any tuning firms in the south of the UK (sorry lads, driving over from Switzerland so as much as that Glasgow fella sounds brilliant it's just too far for me.....).

Dave 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PeteJ80 said:

Martin disabled my 4x4 and ran just it Fwd. 

Thanks Pete, still getting to know the car and what it can/can't do, I am assuming this was an electronic means of disabling, will need to look that up. 

44 minutes ago, Wile7 said:

I want to do this (remap) on my 3.6 petrol....anyone reading this recommend any tuning firms in the south of the UK (sorry lads, driving over from Switzerland so as much as that Glasgow fella sounds brilliant it's just too far for me.....).

That would be a bit of a haul Dave to drive to Scotland for a remap....at least the drive home would be good!!  :-)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wile7 said:

Dave 

Cars without turbos don't benefit anywhere as much from remaps. Going from something like 260hp/350Nm to 285hp/385Nm is not worth the cost of remapping in my opinion but each to their own.

• Like 1

Thanks TLV - Ive been looking into this for a while. On its own, yes, you are right, 15-25bhp ish tops.

But with custom exhaust manifolds and exhaust, plus getting the tune back to Cayenne/R36 spec (maybe cams but it's the cost....) combined with a gearbox tuneup, I'm hoping it will be noticeable. Been saving for two years but want to make sure that whatever I do, it's the correct decision so appreciate the feedback.

Dave

To get the most out of exhaust-intake mods, a remap is absolutely the way to go. Getting both the DSG tuned and a remap together should be significantly cheaper and in your case, the DSG tune is likely much more noticeable than a remap. I'm sure you know this, though. Getting cams on top of all that, oh boy, now that's an exciting thought.

• Like 1

Getting a remap isn't all about power increases. It will make the power more accessible, smooth out the power delivery and make for an all-round better driving experience. Let's face it we're not all driving around flat out all the time but we do use/want power from low down for every day use. 

• Like 2