Aftermarket or OEM shocks / springs

Canders

Afternoon,

Due to replace the front the front shocks as one has just started showing signs of leaking but looking for advice on replacements. I'd like to keep some semblance of ride comfort, however, most aftermarket products appear to reduce this. Other threads point towards B4 and shorter springs, however, can I replace all four shocks and leave the springs oem length or are there aftermarket springs that would not reduce the ride height but offer any advantages? Have been looking at b6's with oem but need a professional opinion. Still have 15" standard wheels/tyres so belive I could go lower by 20mm without any detrement to comfort. However, 17" wheels not out of the question! Any advice greatly received.

Should add its the 59 plate  fl estate.

Edited by Canders
Clarification on vehicle model

• Sponsor

Afternoon,

If you're wanting to keep the OEM springs then I'd suggest either the Bilstein B4 (£210), or the Bilstein B6 (£510). If you're going to be lowering the car then I'd suggest either the Bilstein B4 Sport (£210), or the Bilstein B8 (£525).

Damian @ DPM Performance 

Cheers for that, just got to fix the waterpump and cambelt first as it's on it's way out by the sound of things. Is that price for the B6 without the oem springs?

Edited by Canders

5 hours ago, Damian@DPM said:

Yes that's just the price for the dampers alone, no springs.

Damian @ DPM Performance 

Stupid question, my bad. Long day at work:sleepy:

Thanks again.