spk's SuperB v6 3.6 Combi

spk

Hi all,

Had this a few months now, trading in my previous '09 Roomster (one of the best cars I've owned - if only it had better seats!) for this, having spotted it at the dealership whilst getting the Roomster serviced (terrible timing, I know) and initially dismissed it on the assumption it the 'v6' badge indicated it was the older 2.5 v6 diesel.

It's a 2011 Superb v6 3.6 4x4 in Elegance trim (as they all were over here) with a few nice features - I'm sure some of these were standard but hey..

Heated leather electric seats

Xenons

Powered boot (that's a tailgate y'all ;))

Flappy padels

Parking assist

Front and read parking sensors (a must on the superb in my view!)

probably some other stuff I've forgotten about

And of course that lovely v6 under the bonnet!

It's done quite a lot of miles hence a good price. It seems as though it's been meticulously serviced with both DSG and Haldex fluid changes ahead of schedule and looked after pretty well inside but when I first saw the car, it was horribly stone chipped all across the front so I assume lots of motorway miles. An initial chat with one of the staff at the dealership revealed they were planning to get the paintwork issues addressed.

What that resulted in was a front end re-spray with the bonnet and front bumper being sprayed and the wings blended in, included in the purchase price. There was also a small spot of bubbly paint in the gap between the offside wing and drivers door which was resolved too.

Anyway, an initial post to get the ball rolling and admit that yes, I am going to see if I can fix some of the uglier issues. And maybe some other tweaks too. Seems appropriate to post today as hopefully James from Remy Roc will be here in an hour to see if we can fix some paintwork issues...

Cheers,

Steve

IMG_3533.JPG

Superb_v6.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I should have updated this ages ago....

To do list:

1. Service! Bought the car with the thought 'I don't do many miles'. Now I have a car I like driving I've accidentally done ~10,000 miles already
  2. Replace rear boot rubber seal
  3. Replace parking bulbs with Osram LEDs
  4. Replacement windscreen? It's picked up a very small crack in the offside corner to go with some chips.
  5. Briskoda stickers!
  6. Update the maps and columbus firmware
  7. Better braking
  8. Wind deflectors
  9. Boot lining and heavy duty rubber mats
  10. New summer wheels - Team Dynamics? :biggrin:
  11. Detailing - DONE!
  12. Winter wheels - DONE!
  13. New bonnet lip trim
  14. Updated badges

More to come no doubt. I'm just going to show it up here as things go along and we'll see how it goes. I've been a bit slack at updating this post already, having got slightly distracted by @BossFox's very long Yeti thread(s)!

Cheers,

Steve

• Like 1

Following on from @guyblue10 I also had James from RemyRoc come out and detail the car. I was in two minds about this as we waited over the winter for a weekend clear enough to get it done but I'm glad I did it.

My reservation was based on the cosmetic state of the car already rather than anything else but a proper detailing and polishing removed a number of blemishes and improved the look of the car considerably. Hopefully it'll be nice and easy to keep clean! Ha...

couple of pics...

IMG_4326.JPG

IMG_4331.JPG

the pipes might not look great but they were black. I didn't realise it even had chromed tips until I saw someone else's v6 on here!

IMG_4344.JPG

Edited by spk

14 hours ago, lukas883 said:

Best of luck, any pictures of interior??  I have to say that 3.6 V6 sound a way better then current 2.0 tsi 280.

I personally agree the v6 does sound better. Inside the cabin it's a fairly subtle but nice sound when you put your foot down. Never heard it from outside the car...

Anything in particular you're after from the interior, other than running a book on how long it is since I last hoovered it out?

Cheers,

Steve

• Like 1

9 hours ago, buddy said:

Nice motor. on the tail pipe of you use a good metal polish that should get it gleaming 

Thanks! It's been cleaned quite a lot by someone who knows what they're doing (i.e. not me!). The photo was the day after the detailing. I'll keep working on it but I suspect the marks left are not coming off now.

• 3 months later...

Great to see another 3.6 in the fold.....welcome aboard! They are great cars and the engine is a peach. But I'm biased..... :biggrin:

Dave

• Like 1