Roof box length for Yeti?

8 hours ago, Awayoffski said:

No! really, as you well know,

those that do as they please put other road users and just anyone at risk.

I was being sarcastic, or attempting to be.

PS

Picking one line to quote to suit your attempt at ridicule does not work.

:blush: Apologies - see edited post.  I was actually agreeing with your point that the risk-taker might not be the one to suffer, but one word finished up in the wrong place.  Friends? 

• Like 1

I have a KAMEI Husky L black roof box LEFT side opening no. KM329 (K) from the Roof Box company on Thurle Aero bars, fits well pushes the aerial down a little but does not stop boot from opening, nor does it over hand at the front. Its medium width and if pushed to one side can get a bike rack on also.yJhNgypbPIfJj7CPfht7SfGN3a4ntRp4RNF10r7g5f-c_TVMLbmcbKfl1XaR0BMLcMtZO7Ko8877z2BqNVcpviu50oPf742akQM2vXMLiutAtdvC-YXqbU5N

On 28/03/2017 at 19:51, 5678 said:

To update this for others reference in the future...

Ive got the Thule foot pack with 135cm (the size up from the Thule suggestion) wing bars. These fit fine. 

Move just fitted a Kamei Corvara 390 and 2 x Thule pro ride bike racks easily. I think I could squeeze a third bike rack on too. 

With the bars bars at the very front of the mounting points, the box is clear of the aerial and rear hatch. The box does not even reach the top of the windscreen like this (1.9m box)

The supplier has a 90 day exchange programme so I'm going to test load it this weekend and see if everything fits. If not I'll exchange for the Kamei Corvara 475 (2.3m box)

Hopefully this may be useful for someone in future!

Not had a chance to go out and look, but from what you've seen do you reckon with the 127cm bars I've got, I could fit my bike carrier (Thule ProRide 598) alongside my Corvara 390 ?

9 minutes ago, muddyboots said:

Not had a chance to go out and look, but from what you've seen do you reckon with the 127cm bars I've got, I could fit my bike carrier (Thule ProRide 598) alongside my Corvara 390 ?

Easily. I'd go as far as to say you could fit two bike carriers on. 

On 01/04/2017 at 13:27, 5678 said:

Easily. I'd go as far as to say you could fit two bike carriers on. 

Thanks.

On holidays we have the Corvara on the roof, and a 3-bike carrier (Atera Strada DL3) on the towbar. We've just gone from a 3 bike family to 4 bike, and had been planning to buy the 4th bike adapter for the Strada.

Then I wondered if instead I could fit my 598 on the roof next to the box, and save spending £50 on the adapter.

Sounds like it should work then. I should get it all out of the garage and give it a trial fit.

Incidentally - have you checked if you can open the lid of the box with two bikes on the roof - is there enough room for the lid to hinge sideways as it opens ?