Differences in 10'and 12' Superbs

Well the deal I had going for a 2012 Superb fell through. So I'm talking with another Skoda dealership about a 2010 Tsi 160 Eligence 6 speed. It's only driven 103.000km and looks in really good shape. And it's a good bit cheaper than the 2012 I was looking at. 

Are there any any issues that the 2010s have compared to the 2012s that I should be aware of? 

It has all the same kit as the newer Superb. Was registered in July of 10. 

Thanks for the help. I still can't use the search function the website has  :-/

Joe

Hi Joe. As far as I am aware the cars, until the facelift change in 2013, were identical on spec.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will confirm this for you. Mines an August 2010 and I love it.

Dave

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply. I'm finding it hard to decide here. I have a 2012 model that I've test driven and like. The price is ~15% more than my original budget but also newer than I expected. The kit in the car is the same as the other 2010 I'm also looking at (which is right on my original budget). Plus I'm liking the black color and 18s the 2010 has. The 2012 is grey which is ok. But I'm not crazy about. 

So I'm  basically wondering if there's any physical differences in the motor/gear cases that push me in one direction or another? 

Thanks again

• Like 1

Hi Joe. As far as I'm aware, no, there are no significant changes. The gearboxes etc. We're the same (depending on manual or dsg etc) until the end of 2013 when facelift occurred. Not sure on move from wet 6sp DSG to dry 7sp DSG though....

Dave

If it's the 1.8 TSI you're looking at do a search of the forums here for high oil usage on certain generations of that engine. From what I understand it's earlier versions of the engine that have trouble but I'm not sure at what point it was fixed.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the search function doesn't work for me yet. Not sure why or how to get that privilege. 

And the deal for the 2010 just tanked. Financing was just too expenaive. So now I'm back to dealing w the 2012 model. And hoping the numbers for the more expensive Superb can add up over the longer loan period. 

But damn that 2010 in black was pretty.