Coilovers again

Hi Everyone, Well its that old chestnut again, which coilovers to get, i see now there are so many some at low prices some at very high prices, but the question is what would be a good buy now? i know people will say what is your budget that's where I'm not sure of how much to spend, and what Do you get for your money, cheap midrange expensive, 

I know everyone has different ideas on which to buy, i wont be track dayin, so it will be just road performance and looks, So anybody any ideas, will be much appreciated, thanks again everyone.

I've had APs for nearly 2 years I think. Brilliant for the price don't expect huge comfort but they are used daily and I find it find, little girl doesn't complain and the other half doesn't either so can't be that bad. Handling wise they seem good add a rear anti roll bar and it's throwable. Height has a big adjustment I've got plenty left to go down and it sits just how I want it. 

IMG_4024.JPG

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Richard92 said:

I've had APs for nearly 2 years I think. Brilliant for the price don't expect huge comfort but they are used daily and I find it find, little girl doesn't complain and the other half doesn't either so can't be that bad. Handling wise they seem good add a rear anti roll bar and it's throwable. Height has a big adjustment I've got plenty left to go down and it sits just how I want it. 

IMG_4024.JPG

Hi, what drop is that 35mm front and rear, thats exactly the look im after, is there plenty of room for those speed bumps?

Edited by Kobayashi

• Sponsor

As with most things in life you get what you pay for and suspension is no different.

You can get a budget kit for around £190+, a good mid range kit will begin from around £400+ and then after that the sky is the limit. In terms of what do you get for the extra as you go up through the price ranges, it'll generally be a better build quality, the parts used in the kit will be of a higher quality and the ride will be more refined.

Any info or prices please let me know.

Damian @ DPM Performance 

On 21/03/2017 at 10:07, Kobayashi said:

Hi, what drop is that 35mm front and rear, thats exactly the look im after, is there plenty of room for those speed bumps?

No idea on drop sorry might be just over 40mm as it's lower than when I had just springs.

It will hit the odd speed bump but if you take them right it won't touch them at all.

As standard the front of a vRS has less clearance even compared to a 1.6TDI Manual Monte Carlo, no matter what the figures in the Brochures say.

ie Both 129mm