Audio Upgrade Advice for newbie

Here's mine so far so good. I would say if your a bit technically minded then these can be customised quite a bit. The xtrons forum is good if you have any problems they reply quickly and most things appear to be easy fixes.  The dab is pretty good I was sceptical that the windscreen aerial would be any good but it's actually not to bad. No worse than a car I drove with dab factory fitted recently.

20170401_120719.jpg

20170401_120734.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Just thought Id quickly update

Overall the xtrons is good however its not without its issues. The radio and dab reception are very poor now I've managed to leave my local area the signal gets lost very quickly and in dab mode you end up with a load of squealing. This is probably due to the windscreen aerial the FM/AM signal is poor I have purchased a twin Fakra adaptor (xtrons supply a single) so hopefully this will solve this. 

• Like 1

Thanks for info Chris and T-1000....much appreciated.

Looks as though I won't be upgrading for now as the Android units DAB reception is questionble......

5 hours ago, crankoz said:

Thanks for info Chris and T-1000....much appreciated.

Looks as though I won't be upgrading for now as the Android units DAB reception is questionble......

I can't really blame the unit it's the windscreen aerial really. I'm sure a decent roof mount aerial and it would be fine. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, T-1000 said:

Hi Just thought Id quickly update

Overall the xtrons is good however its not without its issues. The radio and dab reception are very poor now I've managed to leave my local area the signal gets lost very quickly and in dab mode you end up with a load of squealing. This is probably due to the windscreen aerial the FM/AM signal is poor I have purchased a twin Fakra adaptor (xtrons supply a single) so hopefully this will solve this. 

Thank you for the update.  

Sorry to hear about the radio gremlins. The FM traffic interruptions (TP) are very important to me for hands-free info on M1 and M25 during my long commute. So it's a downer to hear that. But hope it improves after some playing around. 

16 hours ago, T-1000 said:

I have tried tethering my phone to the unit and it works great so google maps runs very well.

The only issue I have on mine with this is that I can't get the voice commands to come through using Google maps. The music stops but then there is silence (or low music volume) until the voice should have stopped then music resumes. Probably an easy fix but for the time being I'm using Waze and my TomTom haha

Edited by Chris