Starter motor corroded to clutch housing

I'm replacing my starter motor on a MkI 1.9TDI. I've disconnected the electrics & removed the two long bolts but the starter motor itself is firmly stuck to the clutch casing. I assume the two are corroded together. I have applied an amount of gentle persuasion without sucess. Any suggestions on how to remove?

Usually I use  bar against the block and the body of the starter and push the starer away from the block, once it starts moving just wiggle it back and fro till it comes off.. Then clean up any dowels before fitting the new one

Had to do the same on an X Reg BMW 3 series last year. Tw?t it with a piece of wood and a hammer to break its hold, then rock it back and forth to get it out. We had to use to pry/crow bars to leaver it off. It was the original starter. 

Edited by VrsMule