Intermittent power loss

Advice please!

My VRS seems to be suffering, occasionally the car loses power for a second then comes back. It almost feels like dipping the clutch then dumping it back on again. Mainly occurs in second gear. I did code read it and came up with fueling issue to the injectors. A suggestion was to replace the fuel filter which since it was still on its original seemed like a good idea. Having replaced it this afternoon the car seemed fine to start with but the fault still occurs.

I have stuck the code reader on again but no faults! So I wondered if anyone had experienced similar issues and if so, what fault turned out to be.

If it makes any difference mines a 2011 cave engine.

I do have warranty with my Skoda dealer if all else fails it will go to them to sort.

Also, why does briskoda show as offline on Tapatalk?

You say second gear but is it below 2.5k rpm or above? Mines done it a few times (literally a few times) in the lower rev range over the years and I got skoda to check it when it went in for its service and MOT in Jan and it turned out to be (apparently) a damage wire to the MAP sensor, it's done it once since then so it's still not cured.

People are saying theirs was sorted by replacing the solenoid valve but I guess it could be many of things.

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/78056-Golf-1-4-GT-TSI-Boost-Problem/page2

One thing I have noticed recently is when I go to floor it there's a high pitch 'chirp' assuming from the supercharger, I've done some googling and it's something to do with the magnetic clutch and the waterpump. 

Edited by LGM

2 hours ago, GenePoolReject said:

Advice please!

My VRS seems to be suffering, occasionally the car loses power for a second then comes back. It almost feels like dipping the clutch then dumping it back on again. Mainly occurs in second gear. I did code read it and came up with fueling issue to the injectors. A suggestion was to replace the fuel filter which since it was still on its original seemed like a good idea. Having replaced it this afternoon the car seemed fine to start with but the fault still occurs.

I have stuck the code reader on again but no faults! So I wondered if anyone had experienced similar issues and if so, what fault turned out to be.

If it makes any difference mines a 2011 cave engine.

I do have warranty with my Skoda dealer if all else fails it will go to them to sort.

Also, why does briskoda show as offline on Tapatalk?

had this problem  map sensor mate

I had a few problems with my map sensor because the car previously had a tuning box installed and the connector to the sensor was damaged. It still pops off occasionally but you might find it is the connector at fault not the sensor. (The one after the supercharger on the left side of the engine)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok so I decided not to change the sensor my self, partly because I was 100% sure which one I was changing and partly because I'm not mad keen on taking things a part with out assistance, I'm no mechanic so don't want to break anything as it's my only car.

So last week I booked it into Skoda, I'm having the oil consumption test at the same time, strangely the car has not faulted once since I booked it in, could it be some bad fuel? It's normally run on standard shell and occasionally a tank of vpower but the last couple of fill ups have been tesco momentum. I will get it check regardless but just seems odd that it has not happened since booking in with Skoda.

So just Booked in but not actually been in & having had the sensor fitted and new oil & filter fitted?

What are you asking them to do, run a diagnosis, upload the latest software update, check & change the spark plugs.

Or just fit a sensor & do an oil change and start a consumption test?

?

How much are they going to be charging you?

Edited by Awayoffski

The recommended Fuel is Super / 98 Octane so what is the point of running 95 ron Unleaded and only occasionally putting in a tank of V-Power Nitro+ or Tesco Momentum 99 ?

The 98 / Super recommendation is for the Octane & efficient running as the Engine Management the cars come with & not for Detergent / Additive packages Royal Dutch Shell or Greenergy might add.

http://volkswagen.co.uk/need-help/owners/Fuel 

Edited by Awayoffski

1 hour ago, GenePoolReject said:

It's normally run on standard shell

Im confident that's one of the problems straight away, I've always ran mine on momentum 99. Theres plenty of posts of people complaining their car not liking the 95 rubbish.

Edited by LGM
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Awayoffski said:

The recommended Fuel is Super / 98 Octane so what is the point of running 95 ron Unleaded and only occasionally putting in a tank of V-Power Nitro+ or Tesco Momentum 99 ?

The 98 / Super recommendation is for the Octane & efficient running as the Engine Management the cars come with & not for Detergent / Additive packages Royal Dutch Shell or Greenergy might add.

http://volkswagen.co.uk/need-help/owners/Fuel 

To be honest I ran 95 partly because vpower is ridiculously expensive and I had seen people say it was fine with it and partly because my nearest tesco is not particularly local. I will however make the trip if it means no issues.

As for going to Skoda it's under warranty so I've asked them to fault find and do the consumption test at the same time so not expecting a charge but the service guy did say I might be charged for what is effectively and oil service.

4 hours ago, FlexibleMouse said:

That's the bypass valve for the supercharger, the throttle body is at the back of the engine.

that has to be the throttle body as it goes directly to the turbo if that was closed the turbo would get no fresh air

just had a research and it looks like your right flexi mouse ;)

Edited by thomasaspin