Sports Back Box

1 hour ago, James777 said:

Maybe slight over kill skyl1n3 haha!

I defo agree the twin looks factory fitted and looks very tidy. Maybe go for this option. 

I contacted Powerflow to get a quote, surprisingly there is a branch very close to me. However, although it excites me, 8' pretty sure it'll be out of my price range haha

Lad on Skoda owners Facebook site has a nice modded mk3

Carbon dipped Monte Kit, Lowered 40mm, remapped to 140, Forge intake and Bob, 312mm brakes and a custom back box

Also he's gone for the rally look.

Not sure if he's on here, but this is his car anyway

IMG_0204.JPG

• Like 1

On 2017-4-28 at 09:11, Damo said:

IMG_0203.JPG

That looks awesome! I'm really digging the centre twin exhaust look. Reckon it would be difficult to do?

2 hours ago, Lemto said:

That looks awesome! I'm really digging the centre twin exhaust look. Reckon it would be difficult to do?

It would be easy to do, you choose the tailpipe design you want for your backbox.

The only extra cost is when you go for a duplex (twin exit) system.

2 hours ago, James777 said:

I think it sticks out a little too much personally unless it's just the angle. 

Might be the angle.

Looks mint from the back

IMG_0202.JPG

Just had a quote for a twin back box stainless cut in to the bumper fitted for  £190+VAT

They asked me what engine size so I said 1.2 and they said I wouldn't get much extra sound in that case. They don't customise the silencer density either so it just sounds as it comes with no option to make louder or quieter.....im at a loose end now.

Also rang skoda dealership spares and they don't provide any tail pipe trim for the mk3 at the moment.

5 minutes ago, James777 said:

Awaiting price from  Powerflow now

That's a shame, I'm hoping to get one done by Powerflow soon. Let me know what they quote you mate. In all honesty, like I said before with my Cherry Bomb exhaust on my VW Polo (which was also a 1.2), it gave out a nice tone but nothing massive. The reason for that I'm guessing is because it was a 1.2. I'm just assuming with my Monte Carlo it should sound better.

I will let you know buddy. Well I didn't question why not much extra sound however I had one fitted years ago by the same company on a 1.2 N/A Corsa 64bhp and I can say it did make quite a difference. The guy probably didn't realise my engine has 110bhp with a turbo.....

I have just noticed too that Powerflow do 0% finance on all quotes up to £750 for 12 months so that's a bonus. I have asked for a remap quote too with at least 16bhp added.

Keep you posted.

• Like 1

The old 1.2 Polo engine is a very different beast to the 1.2 TSI engine in the Fabia. The Polo had a naturally aspirated 3-cylinder engine, while the Fabia has a turbocharged 4-cylinder. The sound is very different. My first car was a 2002 Polo with the 1.2 3-cyl too!

• Like 1

The more I look in to it I am thinking I may just buy this Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350859704234 and cut it in to my bumper, I would have to chop the downward facing part off the tip of my back box but not too hard I don't think. Will work out far less cost......and th I am thinking do i I really want a louder exhaust now. You can get acoustic type tips which will give a slight nicer sound too.

• Like 1

It's not a cost issue either btw, I am just not sure if I can justify spending circa £200 for a nicer look and a bit of sound when I can spend less than £20 and get the same look minus the sound. I am in my 30's now and I  some ways I think unless a car sounds powerful naturally then I am not as bothered as I used to be about sound. I may have contradicted myself here at some point but I'm one of these who gets an idea then  often go off the boil when I look in to it.

Edited by James777
  • Like 1

Well I have ordered the twin tip now. I am debating if to cut the bumper myself or get a body shop to do it? Or the custom exhaust place i went to could do it? I would feel a bit cheeky though going back and saying nah I don't want the new exhaust done just fit this tip for me instead......:dry:

• 3 weeks later...

Still haven't had the b**** to fit this yet. I have all I need, chain pipe cutter, sand paper, made a template with 10mm clearance of the tip, coping saw, blue masking tape....i am convinced it will look good if I do it right it's just making that cut....:sweat:

• 4 weeks later...