Vrs brakes

Mine are the same mate.. you can change some settings in vcds. I.e. How much assistance. Failing that. Get them re bled with new fluid or do the 312mm upgrade like a few guys on here. I'm just fitting mine this weekend. Mk1 Audi TT calipers or mk4 golf anniversary. Or my 1 Octavia vrs.. Just eBay search 312mm vw caliper 

Check the pads, fit braided brake hoses and change the brake fluid, 

& before doing that check the Brake Assist setting.

First Brake fluid change by Skoda Service Schedule Guidelines is at 3 years then every 2 years.

Edited by Awayoffski

Skoda changed Brake fluid on mine 2016 there was no improvement. In the end i put expensive EBC's a bit overkill but they are really good now. (see pics on my project page)

I would still like to put braided hose on and change vcds settings (if i get the oppportunity). Car was on original discs and pads and had glazed slightly. Each week seemed to be getting worse (compared to the wifes citigo at least)

No idea.

Only ever use the brakes to clean rust off at start of a journey, to stop at junctions, or do emergency stops and even with ABS they can lock up and stop the car.

DSG can slow the car brought back to 'S' or using Manual Shifts so brakes are redundant for going, that requires the throttle not the brakes.

I have only ever crashed going too quick and using brakes, never crashed going quick and using gears.

Must be an older generation thing, throttle for go, brakes for slow or stop.

Good tyres for traction.

If anyone needs 312mm upgrade give me a shout. I've got a couple in my garage kicking around! :)

Just done the Wife's vRS ... night and day difference!

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/03/2017 at 10:59, Chibakun said:

Is there any way I can improve the brakes on my mk2 vrs? They feel a bit spongy and travel a long way.

Just fitted new front discs and pads to my mk2 vrs petrol. Used Motoquip 288mm coated discs. These have a very light zinc coating which wears off in the pad tracks after first run. Any parts of the discs not in the path of the pads remain protected. Motoquip pads also fitted and the trick to a good brake as previously stated is fluid change and ensuring that the pad guides and caliper pins are free to allow pads to 'centre' in caliper. Brakes on my vrs are now excellent. Cost of job all in £70.00.

On 27/03/2017 at 15:33, thomasaspin said:

I would be interested what calipers do you have ?

Calipers for the 312 upgrade will be Audi TT mk1. Skoda Octavia vrs Mk1 or golf anniversary. These are the golf ones I brought and refurbed and discs are a brembo xtra 

IMG_6112.JPG

IMG_6442.JPG

IMG_6123.JPG

On 16/04/2017 at 00:12, Esseesse200 said:

Calipers for the 312 upgrade will be Audi TT mk1. Skoda Octavia vrs Mk1 or golf anniversary. These are the golf ones I brought and refurbed and discs are a brembo xtra imageproxy.php?img=&key=66c1d7df650950daimageproxy.php?img=&key=66c1d7df650950da

IMG_6112.JPG

IMG_6442.JPG

IMG_6123.JPG

IMG_6476.JPG

IMG_6477.JPG

• Like 1