Gurgling exhaust

Hi guys

I've noticed a little water and some gurgling from one of the exhaust pipes when I start the car and leave it idling. If I take it for a drive it feels fine no issues, drives and feels perfect and the gurgling goes but if I rev it you can sort of here it as the revs drop and can see some water spitting out.  Attached is a video .  The phone was quite close to the exhaust so the car sounds alot more throatier on the video

It's a 1.4tsi 2014 plate, 17k miles.

Any ideas??

videocompress-041-20170322_160533.mp4

Edited by thekaratekid

That's normal, especially for those first starts in the morning or after washing the car. Moisture gets in the exhaust and is blown and evaporated out. It can take a 20-30 minute drive to dry out the exhaust.

Edited by TLV
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, TLV said:

That's normal, especially for those first starts in the morning or after washing the car. Water gets in the exhaust and is blown and evaporated out.

I've noticed that the exhaust on the right hand side is quite throaty when you rev and the revs drop.  The other is silent. 

3 minutes ago, thekaratekid said:

I've noticed that the exhaust on the right hand side is quite throaty when you rev and the revs drop.  The other is silent. 

Exhaust gases follow the path of least resistance. It's easier to blow gases out of one pipe than the other.

Edited by TLV
  • Like 1

Gurgling normal on the tsi - mine does it as well on some startups. They also seem to produce steam out of the exhaust until very warm

Edited by bigjohn
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, williamshatnerspants said:

I wish my exhaust gurgled ;o) Damn diesels.

Oh I don't know - at least on a diesel the exhaust lasts longer, my old 2003 1.9pd is still on it's original (with a new owner)

• Like 1