Buying my first octavia

I'm looking to buy a mk1 octavia estate, preferably a vrs or an elegance 4x4 1.8t. I'm new to the forum and wondered if anyone could recommend sites or groups to look at to find one (other than the obvious auto trader,eBay etc) the ones I've seen so far are either modified or not in great condition so I was thinking an enthusiast owned in original spec would be a good bet. Any help would be gratefully received!

My friend is currently about to sell his 4x4 estate, currently has vrs interior and clocks, new style rs6 wheels and a vrs front bumper, only problem is we're up in Scotland, can send you pics if your interested 

I wouldnt dismiss one with mild mods.. Mine had a dump valve and cone filter on it, cost me around £40 in second hand parts to revert it to standard. That said a standard one would have been less hassle, but this one was cheap. 

Mild mods I don't mind, I'm happy to work on it myself and as you say original parts are not too costly, it's just ones I've seen advertised locally have been lowered, big wheels etc, which isn't really my thing

Ahh yeah thats fair enough. Have too replace the dash in mine as someone drilled a hole in the top for a vacuum hose for a boost gauge.. right in the centre above the vents :( 

• Sponsor
23 hours ago, Jpscull said:

thanks for reply sesachc, unfortunately I'm in Essex so it's a bit too far, I'm ideally after something in standard spec as I don't want the hassle of mods on the insurance.

Hi,

If you do need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

21 hours ago, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi,

If you do need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

Though you were unable to cover me on my vrs on my existing policy and a new one was Nearly a grand. Had to leave you guys and go with swiftcover for £515 Which noyed me somewhat as I have been with you for years.

6 minutes ago, Jux said:

Though you were unable to cover me on my vrs on my existing policy and a new one was Nearly a grand. Had to leave you guys and go with swiftcover for £515 Which noyed me somewhat as I have been with you for years.

Ooh err misses, talk about foot and mouth or shoot yourself in the foot

• Sponsor
On 24/03/2017 at 18:11, Jux said:

Sorry to hear that Jux. Feel free to try us come renewal and we'll see what we can do, unfortunately there are going to be times where other companies come back more competitive. 

Regards,

Dan