Boot won't stay closed and locking problem

Hi,

Sadly after the engine collapsed on my previous MK1 Octavia, I returned to the UK and bought another one, which is now here with me.

There's a weird problem with the central locking and the boot closing tho.

If I unlock the door and open the drivers side door, the car re-locks itself as if I haven't opened any doors. Also the light doesn't come on or the door open notifcation on the dash, so I suspect a bad door switch?

My boot will close but not fully, you can open it without pressing the button and if I go over a speed bump the boot will lift up and open. Any idea how I can fix this?

Driver's door - It might be the door switch, or corrosion in one of the connectors in the door, or broken wiring in the shell to door connectors; there's no way to tell for sure without a more detailed inspection. I'd think the door switch unlikely if the courtesy and door lights still work and/or the car doesn't re-lock if you unlock it with the key rather than the plip.

Boot - The catch and/or door might be mis-aligned. You can check if the door is by examining the shuts and whether or not it sits high or low relative to the frame. How to adjust it may vary depending on whether you have a hatch or a wagon.

8 hours ago, KenONeill said:

Driver's door - It might be the door switch, or corrosion in one of the connectors in the door, or broken wiring in the shell to door connectors; there's no way to tell for sure without a more detailed inspection. I'd think the door switch unlikely if the courtesy and door lights still work and/or the car doesn't re-lock if you unlock it with the key rather than the plip.

Boot - The catch and/or door might be mis-aligned. You can check if the door is by examining the shuts and whether or not it sits high or low relative to the frame. How to adjust it may vary depending on whether you have a hatch or a wagon.

The boot sits higher than the frame. I have the hatchback.