Injector seats, which sealer?

Hi everyone,

I need some advice.  I`m changing the injector seats on my octy as number 4 is leaking.  Taking all the manifold off and replacing gasket, doing it all proper.  I want to get the job done right first time.  So anyone know what the correct sealer or loctite is you should use on the threads of the injector seats?  I`ve searched the internet and there are so many different opinions and one site just says use loctite... but which one?  Does anyone know which sealer VW use on them?  :)

Cheers,

Samuel

• Like 1

Doesn't really cover the injector seats.  However I went to my local vw dealer today and asked them about it.  The guy in parts is very helpful, he spoke to the service department for me and they actually advised against using any sealer for the threads.  This is because the plastic threads on the injector seats self seal when it is tightened.(apparently).  :)

Ok had the new seats installed for a few days now and not a single sign of any leaking, so if anyone asks, you do not need any type of loctite or sealer for these, in fact using sealer might hinder the plastic threads from sealing properly!  You do have to be really careful when you screw the new seats in because they can easily be cross threaded and because they have plastic threads you can render them unusable if you are not careful(I know this because I did it on one and it breaks the threads, lucky i had a few spare seats at hand!).  To make life easier its worth just lightly coating the threads on the seat with new engine oil. 

Oh yeh another little tip, found this by accident.  If the old seats are mega tight in like mine were, turn the seat as if you are trying to over tighten it(clockwise), it takes some effort.. but you will hear a crack, it breaks the final thread on the old seats and then if you turn it anti clockwise to unscrew it comes out really easy, none of my splintered or broke up using this technique, they all came out cleanly! :)

Edited by sammyhale30