Spaceback headlights

I have just taken delivery of my new Rapid Spaceback today (upgrade from a Citigo) 

I have had my eye on one for 2 1/2 years since the garage gave me one as a courtesy car when my Citigo had its first service! 

Ive only it for 4 hours but am in love!!! 

Its great, am just getting used to all the tech it comes it. 

I noticed when I got home and turned the ignition off and removed the keys that the headlights went out despite being in the ON position. I don't have the auto function but wonder

if I leave them on and don't notice as they are not illuminated will it drain the battery? 

I have seen since googling this that there is an updated SB announced on 22nd Feb. When are these coming off the production line? I wonder if I have one of those with the upgraded lighting?

comments welcome!  

Edited by Myskodacar

I have an 18 month old Toledo which has the same facility. The lights go out if switched to "mainbeam/dipped" when the ignition is switched off. Should not drain the battery as no power is being used.

Mine does the same a 13 reg 1.6 SE hatchback (not the space back) never known the proper name for this original model.

Hnestly don't know as I would trust this as a battery saver as the car gives the warning lights on whining warning when I open the door.

This feature of the lights going off if left in the on position is the same on most cars now, due to the law about not parking with headlights on... plus in case you forget.

The New SB wont be around until late this year i think..