Non dpf mk11

The 1.9 TDI.

Unfortunately it was only fitted to the MkII very early in its life i.e. 2008-2010 so most of them are now dead or taxi's.

Look for the twin down-pointing tailpipes and all silver (no red 'D' or 'I') TDI badge on the boot.

Here's a nice one...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skoda-Superb-1-9TDI-PD-SE-BLUETOOTH-PARKING-AID-/232225439692?hash=item3611b6ffcc:g:N7IAAOSwNnRYmKDV

Edited by silver1011

Hi, thanks for the info, would prefer an estate tbh but as you point out they ain't going to be on every street corner but that example you listed is certainly a nice one ! 

12 hours ago, silver1011 said:

The 1.9 TDI.

Except the Greenline version of the 1.9 - this had a DPF and should be avoided as the pd DPF implementation was flawed (DPF doesn't work well with mechanically operated, electrically fired unit pump deuse injectors)

I think the very first lower powered 140 2.0 diesels MK II Superbs's also had a pd engine and some early ones may not have had a DPF. CR after 2010 with DPF

The 170 2.0 diesels were always CR with DPF 

£8k seems a lot for a 7 year old car - I only paid £10k for a 1 year old car - OK only S spec (still has bluetooth, steering wheel buttons, cruise etc) and a petrol (At the time diesel's were £5k more - but you can buy a lot of petrol for £5k)

PS If you go for a MK I - don't touch the 2.0 diesel as the oil pump/balance module drive is made of putty. The 1.9 is great in this car though, watch out for rust though - some (not all ) seem to be prone to tin worm especially wheel arches, sills and boot lid around numberplate lights

Edited by bigjohn
I can't type
  • Like 2

Many thanks bigjohn

slightly off thread but most likely the optional route I'll be forced to take just how does the superb cope when powered by a 1.4 ? Will it be up to shifting an estate fully loaded albeit possibly only one passenger, thinking of it coping with transporting daughters life 'essentials' to and from uni ?

Edited by davidwhite
Can't type as fast as my brain wants to write !

I'm finding my 105ps sufficient around town. Would appreciate some extra overtaking grunt around the 60mph range, however. Brisk is how I'd like to describe my driving style. Not much of a speeder but for safety I'd like a bit more power for passing those long and slow lorries.

11 hours ago, davidwhite said:

Many thanks bigjohn

slightly off thread but most likely the optional route I'll be forced to take just how does the superb cope when powered by a 1.4 ? Will it be up to shifting an estate fully loaded albeit possibly only one passenger, thinking of it coping with transporting daughters life 'essentials' to and from uni ?

An Estate full of stuff + one passenger would be just fine. Infact I've been doing the same with my 1.4tsi a few times - my son is in his final year at Uni. I was amazed how much stuff my twindoor carried especially once I'd removed the rear seat base (which doesn't tilt on the saloon/hatch). Once removed rear seats folded flat and I also packed PC base units and games consoles in the rear footwells.

Car coped well in France with four adults (3 over 6ft 4" - infact one was 6ft 7") and absolutely rammed full of luggage. On a rather steep motorway inclines (seemed steeper than in the UK)  if your speed dropped so that engine was spinning below 2000rpm (ie below 60mph) then you needed to drop a gear but the 6th gear is a tall overdrive .

Overtaking much easier than you'd expect - pulls from 1500 to way beyond 6000rpm and has a second "kick" after 4000rpm

Try one out - see what you think. If you can't find one give me a yell, I'm not a million miles away from you in East Yorkshire

Edited by bigjohn

Don't be afraid of the CR140/170 with DPF. Generally a strong engine and was designed with a DPF from the outset. 

However, what is your likely usage pattern when you're not doing the uni run? 

Thanks again bigjohn useful info

Nathanio

normally low mileage 2 x 13 miles each way trips a week average speed normally indicates between 30 - 35 mph ( rural B roads not much chance to give it some wellie ! )

Maybe 3000 pa longer trips but not regularly spaced

53 minutes ago, jafo said:

Then forget about diesel :(

Just don't like driving petrol vehicles been using diesels now since early 90's guess I've adapted my drive to suit diesels whilst neither of our household cars does much more than 6000 miles pa I rack up a fair few in my company van ( strictly work use only !! ) so this is why I made the enquiry about non dpf in the Superb

Modern turbo petrols drive like diesels. Flat low down torque but with a rush to the top. I loved my BZB 1.8TSi for that but want a fan of the CDAA in my old estate. 

I'd be firmly looking at a 1.4tsi or a 2.0 if you can find it!

4 hours ago, davidwhite said:

Just don't like driving petrol vehicles been using diesels now since early 90's guess I've adapted my drive to suit diesels whilst neither of our household cars does much more than 6000 miles pa I rack up a fair few in my company van ( strictly work use only !! ) so this is why I made the enquiry about non dpf in the Superb

Likewise - I've had a few diesels 1995-2015 punctuated with an Octavia petrol 1.416v (was mega cheap - has been great - still driven locally) but having the same worries as you tried out the 1.4 tsi Superb on a test drive not expecting to like it - however it drove way better than I thought it would (was used to 1.9 pd before) and the economy also suprised me (44mpg on the er "extended" test drive - drove the sales guy nuts as I tried it on part of my commute). I have a longish but frustratingly slow commute so was worried about a DPF.  

Try and avoid DPF "deleted" car's as driving them IS illegal (converting them isn't) and whilst at the moment you pass an MOT if the original DPF case is intact ways of detecting this "issue" are being investigated.

However as mentioned above the dpf implementation in the 2.0 CR is good and unlikely to give you major problems - although if the VAG "dieselgate" fix has been applied you still may have EGR problems

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201703213504355?maximum-badge-engine-size=1.4&postcode=hu170qf&advertising-location=at_cars&fuel-type=Petrol&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&minimum-badge-engine-size=1.4&radius=1500&sort=price-asc&model=SUPERB&make=SKODA&page=1

Facelift model (including cruise, bluetooth, steering controls etc..)

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201702092160018?minimum-badge-engine-size=1.4&make=SKODA&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&model=SUPERB&radius=1500&sort=price-asc&fuel-type=Petrol&advertising-location=at_cars&maximum-badge-engine-size=1.4&postcode=hu170qf&page=1

Edited by bigjohn

On 25/03/2017 at 15:10, jafo said:

Superb is too large and too heavy for anything below 170ps;) but it's just my opinion ;)

The weight of the 4x4 system will cost you the 30bhp difference between your 170 and my 140 :-)